Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is fuggin madness... when does it stop?

Cost of Libya Intervention $600 Million for First Week, Pentagon Says

One week after an international military coalition intervened in Libya, the cost to U.S. taxpayers has reached at least $600 million, according figures provided by the Pentagon.

U.S. ships and submarines in the Mediterranean have unleashed at least 191 Tomahawk cruise missiles from their arsenals to the tune of $268.8 million, the Pentagon said.

U.S. warplanes have dropped 455 precision guided bombs, costing tens of thousands of dollars each.

A downed Air Force F-15E fighter jet will cost more than $60 million to replace.

And operation of the war craft, guzzling ever-expensive fuel to maintain their positions off the Libyan coast and in the skies above, could reach millions of dollars a week, experts say.

Read more HERE from my colleagues Luis Martinez and Devin Dwyer.

And CLICK HERE to see what Amb. Susan Rice said about a possible exile deal for Moammar Gadhafi.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/201...600-million-for-first-week-pentagon-says.html

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
A lot of our tax dollars Wasted $$$$$ there

This government is truely Skrew'n all the little kids currently in school

Look at all the Massive debt they will incur

US Government = Losers

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
I'm curious. In your eyes, what would have been the ideal course of action from the US?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I'm curious. In your eyes, what would have been the ideal course of action from the US?
:agree:

While we are on the subject, why were you not pissed about the two other wars which cost trillions?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

While we are on the subject, why were you not pissed about the two other wars which cost trillions?
I guess you could turn that question around. Why did the left squeal like pigs every day from the first day of each of Bush's wars, and yet Obama's war barely brings a peep? As for the question above, I would have done exactly what we have done in the same situation in Egypt, Yemen and Bahrain - nothing.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None. They have neighbors, there are other countries in the world, we should not be the lapdogs who get to waste wealth & lives on people who will never like us. Our infrastructure is crumbling, our debt is staggering, our economy is tanked, what the **** are we doing in Libya?

I think I bitch about them pretty steady.. have for several years now.

How come Mr. Hopey-Changy is now Bush III? Once you figure that one out, then you can start to understand my position on the federal government.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
...As for the question above, I would have done exactly what we have done in the same situation in Egypt, Yemen and Bahrain - nothing.
You'll have to pardon my ignorance of current events, but were the offending parties in those other countries attacking civilians? To my understanding, that's the big difference between those other situations and this one. So long as the protesters in Egypt weren't being forcibly prevented from voicing their disapproval of the government we had no business being there. But as soon as the tanks and soldiers are brought out to fire upon and kill innocents I'm all for intervening.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
None. They have neighbors, there are other countries in the world, we should not be the lapdogs who get to waste wealth & lives on people who will never like us. Our infrastructure is crumbling, our debt is staggering, our economy is tanked, what the **** are we doing in Libya?

I think I bitch about them pretty steady.. have for several years now.

How come Mr. Hopey-Changy is now Bush III? Once you figure that one out, then you can start to understand my position on the federal government.
I agree you with on this. We spend a lot of tax payers money defending people around the world before we help our own. The route of this problem is the defense budget. It has doubled in the last decade. It even has a budget line item for actions like whats going on in Libya. I dont know what that value is, but every year they assume the military will spend $X on conflicts around the world.

Everyone seems to be bashing him from every direction, some of which is his fault. For example, VFP is among a group saying we must go it alone for fear of not being the world leader. There are others saying we cant afford to be the world's police. There are some that said Obama was weak for standing by while civilians got killed, now they claim he did it wrong. Obviously there is a lot of gray area on all these points, but the consistancy of some of his biggest critics give Obama a run for his money. Palin was calling for removal of QDaffy and is now crying about how much the no fly zone costs (and innaccurately claiming its 700M a day).

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
You'll have to pardon my ignorance of current events, but were the offending parties in those other countries attacking civilians? To my understanding, that's the big difference between those other situations and this one. So long as the protesters in Egypt weren't being forcibly prevented from voicing their disapproval of the government we had no business being there. But as soon as the tanks and soldiers are brought out to fire upon and kill innocents I'm all for intervening.
Today's news - 18 dead in Bahrain violence at the hands of government forces. Do we mount up and attack?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/172175.html

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Everyone seems to be bashing him from every direction, some of which is his fault.
Don't overlook that his criticism is as much from the left as from the right. The left hates military incursions of any kind, unless a direct result of an attack.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Don't overlook that his criticism is as much from the left as from the right. The left hates military incursions of any kind, unless a direct result of an attack.
Thats what I meant. I could have been more clear.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Dead on balls !

Every single reason for their opposition to Bush as reason for voting Obama... has now been eliminated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It stops when innocent people find the means to protect themselves from thier dictators...and other so called "western" countries buck the f*&% up.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
See heres your problem right here

(Libya $600 million)

That's why America is 15 trillion in the Red

The government knows that they are in Deep Doo-Doo

Yet they keep on spending,

I don't pay taxes to defend Libya

If you want to spend 600 million

Spend it on America A**** "O"s

If your attention and resource's are diverted around the world

Then your not focusing on America:nuts:

Libya wins at the expense of Americans

The voter's didn't elect Obama so he could make Libya a better place to live,

Your priority's are Deranged, when you're spending US Tax dollars on some other country that Hates the USA anyway

I say you need a head Check, either that or your Judgment is severely impaired ,

In which case you shouldn't be president :nuts:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are taxed to take care of the world.. we sign trade deals that screw us, we spend defense budget on everything but defense, this country is falling apart and the only people who give a **** only make up about 30% of the voting public.

We R ****ed.. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
We are taxed to take care of the world.. we sign trade deals that screw us, we spend defense budget on everything but defense, this country is falling apart and the only people who give a **** only make up about 30% of the voting public.

We R ****ed.. :laughing:
No were not

Japan is Fk'D

We need to vote outside of the political arena

Scratch All the Career Politicians

For they are Garbage, and the track record proves this:

Vote for A Trump or someone else from the Business community that truly care's about the country Vs Someone that is just wanting to achieve the highest Political office and gain National Recognition

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Not pleased at all with his address on why we are involved.

"No Fly Zone".....sure

"Civilian safety"...ok

but even without ground troops, we will be sending serious coin, in an arena that was not our place.

Hopefully more will become revealed, in the next few months.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No were not

Japan is Fk'D

We need to vote outside of the political arena

Scratch All the Career Politicians

For they are Garbage, and the track record proves this:

Vote for A Trump or someone else from the Business community that truly care's about the country Vs Someone that is just wanting to achieve the highest Political office and gain National Recognition
Yes, they are. Yes, we are. Even if you got enough of the country to pull their heads out of their ass.. you still can't pay the bills owed to the banksters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts