Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

His revelations came even as Idriss Deby Itno, Chad's president, said al-Qaeda had managed to pillage military arsenals in the Libyan rebel zone and acquired arms, "including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries".

Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008.

US and British government sources said Mr al-Hasidi was a member of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, or LIFG, which killed dozens of Libyan troops in guerrilla attacks around Derna and Benghazi in 1995 and 1996.

Even though the LIFG is not part of the al-Qaeda organisation, the United States military's West Point academy has said the two share an "increasingly co-operative relationship". In 2007, documents captured by allied forces from the town of Sinjar, showed LIFG emmbers made up the second-largest cohort of foreign fighters in Iraq, after Saudi Arabia.

Earlier this month, al-Qaeda issued a call for supporters to back the Libyan rebellion, which it said would lead to the imposition of "the stage of Islam" in the country.

British Islamists have also backed the rebellion, with the former head of the banned al-Muhajiroun proclaiming that the call for "Islam, the Shariah and jihad from Libya" had "shaken the enemies of Islam and the Muslims more than the tsunami that Allah sent against their friends, the Japanese".

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
:laughing: No ****.. why do you think Libya's rebels get a no fly zone and Syria's don't? The US created Al Qeda.. so it's natural that they team up once again.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
"Islam, the Shariah and jihad from Libya" had "shaken the enemies of Islam and the Muslims more than the tsunami that Allah sent against their friends, the Japanese". :down:
Another reason we need to stay away from that Cesspool. Let them kill each other and not care who is on top. We trade one Regime for another that is no better and sometimes worse. Be glad I am not running things otherwise I would show all of them up close what the face of the sun looks like and give them a meeting with there beloved Allah.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Khaddafi wasn't that bad. Ever since we flew 7000 miles (Around France) to blow up his tent he got the message. We can be nuts too. Ain't heard hardly a peep from him in the 25 years since. Now we may have a bunch of newbies to deal with and will have to blow up some more tents.;)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Khaddafi wasn't that bad. Ever since we flew 7000 miles (Around France) to blow up his tent he got the message. We can be nuts too. Ain't heard hardly a peep from him in the 25 years since. Now we may have a bunch of newbies to deal with and will have to blow up some more tents.;)
Don't forget he authorized the bombing of Pam Am 103, aka Lockerbie Bombing.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Upheval;1869004 Be glad I am not running things otherwise I would show all of them up close what the face of the sun looks like and give them a meeting with there beloved Allah.[/QUOTE said:
You'd get my vote :cheers:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
:laughing: Dont cha just love

The Us government is backing Al Qaeda :laughing:

I would never serve this Government in any capacity

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Yep. And the US was educating Ghadafi's son, who is the leader of the elite guard that is attacking civillians. He left abruptly to return home to fight the uprising. He was interning and learning from the biggest business leaders we got.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelo...l-uprising-gadhafis-son-was-on-u-s-internship

Who is the asshole, now? We were training the guy who oppresses his people with the worst means possible and al Qaeda is helping to liberate them! Serious. Something is ****ed here.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yep. And the US was educating Ghadafi's son, who is the leader of the elite guard that is attacking civillians. He left abruptly to return home to fight the uprising. He was interning and learning from the biggest business leaders we got.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelo...l-uprising-gadhafis-son-was-on-u-s-internship

Who is the asshole, now? We were training the guy who oppresses his people with the worst means possible and al Qaeda is helping to liberate them! Serious. Something is ****ed here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran–Iraq_war

Just like the US Government helped Saddam Hussein

During the Iraq vs Iran war lol

·
Banned
14,241 Posts

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
He had had military action in nearly 100 countries since the start of the 20th century... 100.
How many casualties? What was accomplished? How much did it cost in war spending, training, drafting, and tending to the wounded? Was it worth it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is alot of information in here that is...at most...kind of valid. Get your facts straight guys. West Points counterinsurgency program is great and provides alot of intelligence not just information, it knew about the hatred between Saddam and Osama bin Laden and I learned that when I was there. Just do research first... guys...alot of information out there that can be used and abused. Studying Irregular Warfare and its causes...I had to sift through tons of BS. Just be careful with the information thats out there..and its source.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts