Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the NCM mount.

A few thots. To have the license plate letters/numbers visible as the photo above shows, you must drill holes through the license plate about 2 to 2 1/2 inches up from the bottom of the plate in order to mount it. Otherwise, seen from this angle you would only see about the lower third of the plate - not nearly enough to successfully plead with a LEO that you at least had the front plate on!

And, mounted this low (holes drilled through the plate) you will have a plate that is about 2 inches from the ground, and it will scrape on everything on the road (including when the suspension compresses when going over a slight dip in the road.)

All that said, I have my NCM plate mount on, it works (I occassionally have to straighten out the bottom 3/4" of plate which is now bare metal), and if I ever got stopped I would plead to the LEO "At least I have the front plate on!!!":rolling:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dont like it much, i prefer the ones at topflightrepro.com a much better look if you have to put on a front license plate. I havent uses a front license plate since 1999 i refuse to, especially with my new vette. just hope i'm as lucky with getting away with not using it as i did in the past.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just ordered one. Like it because it doesn't restrict air flow to the radiator. We want our cars to run as cool as possible, to avoid pulling timing.

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't use a front plate, but thought I'd share this because I imagined some one might be looking for something like this...

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's a good, workable, inexpensive choice if you feel obliged to have the plate on but want it to be as inconspicuous as possible.:cheers:

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
i talked to several owners they dont use a front plate they said they would rather get a ticket but most suffolk cops just check out their vettes and just give them a wink to just go but it all depends on the cop but IMO i dont like that plate area

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Come on Rick kick a little GM butt.

We've been dealing with this stupid plate for 3+ years. You've moved up in the world now that you are at EVS.

:spanked:

·
Registered
109 Posts
<<it's sad we even have to deal with this...>>>

:agree: :agree: :agree: and AMEN!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts