Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Porter Cable random orbital polisher for several months now; it's one of the best purchases I've made for car care. With it, I bought a set of Lake Country pads, which I clean after every use.

Now the question. What triggers your decision to replace a pad? (I don't want to wait until I thrash the paint on my vert.)
Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
It really just depends on the usage. When mine start getting tears, won't clean out thoroughly, etc., I stop using them.

They should last quite a while with light use.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I half expected others, especially the owners of black cars, to be willing to throw pads away quickly. Your response and the otherwise silent board is almost too practical!
Thanks again

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
I'm still using pads I got last summer. Still in decent shape

·
Registered
34 Posts
I clean mine with Simple Green then wash in a bucket of very warm water. If they clean up, stay soft and pliable, show little to no signs of wear then I keep using them. :cheers:

I've had 4 that I use regularly on several vehicles and so far their still going strong. :thumbsup:

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
364 Posts
I agree with Zano-O. Depending on use, they should last a good while. On the velcro-backed type pads, be sure the glue doesn't go away. Velcro touching the paint job is to be avoided at all costs. Inspect the pads before each use to make sure there is no chance of that happening.

Switching to a dual-sided pad with quick release adapter is a safer way to go, but you'll have to consider the source on that advice!:laughing:

-Adam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts