Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long the life expectancy is for a stock clutch on a C6 under normal driving conditions? 30k 50k ? Thanks in advance.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Under "normal" conditions a clutch can last indefinately. I had an original clutch run over 245,000 miles in one car with not even a hint of slipage or failure when I sold it. The best thing you can do to extend the life....don't depress the clutch while at stop lights etc.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
:agree: The clutch in our 99 Accord with 180,000mi. may not be like new, but it still works without slippage!

I would just drive the Vette until you notice any slippage, and then immediately stop before you burn it up, and have a new clutch put in it. A slipping clutch doesn't hurt any other component, so just drive it till it wears out.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:agree: The clutch in our 99 Accord with 180,000mi. may not be like new, but it still works without slippage!

I would just drive the Vette until you notice any slippage, and then immediately stop before you burn it up, and have a new clutch put in it. A slipping clutch doesn't hurt any other component, so just drive it till it wears out.
Thank you :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts