Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new drilled two pieced rotors for my C6. Then I read the owners manual about how to lift the car and I'm reluctant to try jacking it up. I've seen lift plates in the Mid America catalog. Do I need them? What's the best/safest way to lift the C6 so I can install the new rotors?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I just got my new drilled two pieced rotors for my C6. Then I read the owners manual about how to lift the car and I'm reluctant to try jacking it up. I've seen lift plates in the Mid America catalog. Do I need them? What's the best/safest way to lift the C6 so I can install the new rotors?
I have BMW jacking pucks but friends and the shop that works on my car uses Hockey pucks. Suspension jacking works as always:thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
914 Posts
We have jacking pucks availible on the web site. Always a good idea to keep a set in the car just incase...

For your rotors, you can jack the car up on the front and rear cross member and use Jack stands. When you jack up the rear, remember to chalk the front tires...

Peace
Chip

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have jacking pucks availible on the web site. Always a good idea to keep a set in the car just incase...

For your rotors, you can jack the car up on the front and rear cross member and use Jack stands. When you jack up the rear, remember to chalk the front tires...

Peace
Chip
Thanks for the info. So I think all the info I'm getting says that the jack points are for roadside lifting and the pucks keep the jack from damaging the rocker panels. And its safe to jack the car on the suspension or cross members for doing things in the garage like replacing brake pads or rotors. Is that correct?

·
DC Crew
914 Posts
Thanks for the info. So I think all the info I'm getting says that the jack points are for roadside lifting and the pucks keep the jack from damaging the rocker panels. And its safe to jack the car on the suspension or cross members for doing things in the garage like replacing brake pads or rotors. Is that correct?
Pucks are needed if you use a chassis lift as well. At home I always jack from the cross members.

My car is fairly low, so to get the low profile jack under the front, I have to lift it from the jacking points to get the wheels on a 2x8 first...

Use a sturdy piece of wood for the cross member and be sure to jack it in the center of the cross member...

Peace
Chip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts