Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 C6 has a failure I have not seen anywhere else.
The following lights no longer work: LED on passenger visor, PRNDL lights, HVAC module button lights (the lights around the two control knobs work fine), door release button, lock/unlock and memory button lights.
On another forum, the idea was that possibly the HVAC module which has circuitry that controls these lights may have failed. I replace the HVAC module and no joy. The People I was working with do not think it is a failure in the BCM because it is specific to just these lights, all other BCM functions seem to be okay.

So the consensus is it is probably a wiring issue. Does anyone else have any other ideas? And yes, all the fuses are okay and yes I know I can take it to the dealer but I am not sure my dealer has a mechanic capable of doing this kind of trouble shooting.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I haven't done much with the C6, but the best I can recommend is to start with the factory manual including wiring diagrams. This is a situation where knowing exactly how it is wired is essential. It could very well be a single pinched cable bundle or a single weatherpack connector that has come loose. With the factory manual in front of you, you will know exactly where to start looking without having to tear up so much of your car to get there.

P.S. I'm sure quite a few members of the board have manuals and will probably chime in shortly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't done much with the C6, but the best I can recommend is to start with the factory manual including wiring diagrams. This is a situation where knowing exactly how it is wired is essential. It could very well be a single pinched cable bundle or a single weatherpack connector that has come loose. With the factory manual in front of you, you will know exactly where to start looking without having to tear up so much of your car to get there.

P.S. I'm sure quite a few members of the board have manuals and will probably chime in shortly.
I have the service manuals but the schematics in them are not easy to read, at least for me. My "expertise" is mechanical more than electrical but an old fashioned schematic I can read. I am sure there is a simple trick to it, I just have to learn. Thanks for writing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out that fuse #8 in the under hood block controls those lights. My hat is off to my dealership for finding and fixing this so quickly. Fuse #8 is labeled as "parking lamps", so maybe that is why I could never find it. And having the service manual did not help in this particular situation. A first for the manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts