Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished washing the car before the big spring mountain trip. Detailed the inside. Finished up and tried to put the car in the garage. Started it up and it wouldn't move. After f.....ing with the emergency brake and crawling under the car etc, etc, even had the wife pull the em brake while i watched the cables etc, etc. Then I realized I put the "Line Lock" on accidently while I was detailing the car.:thud: Pushed the button and everything was fine. Guess I'll be adding that indicator light that I didn't want. The wife thought it was pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
you have a locking switch on it??? Not just a push button.:surprised

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have a locking switch on it??? Not just a push button.:surprised
Push on and push off. I wasn't sure about that type of switch but it was recomended by a guy that races several manual C6's so I gave it a try. I'm still not sure if it's the right way to do things, but it works well and doubles as a security device. I'll show you what I have on the trip. I'll give you a call Monday:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Be careful because you could also lock the brakes off, as well as on. We are talking about a front wheel line lock solenoid correct. When on it locks what ever pressure that is in the line at the time. If left on with no pressure in the line it would stop all front brake action.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be careful because you could also lock the brakes off, as well as on. We are talking about a front wheel line lock solenoid correct. When on it locks what ever pressure that is in the line at the time. If left on with no pressure in the line it would stop all front brake action.
GOOD POINT...thanks. May have to modify the line lock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know about other brands but the Hurst line lock will still allow brake application even when the solenoid is on - it basically has a one way valve.

BAADC6 - I would still recommend a momentary switch like iburke mentioned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts