Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How cool is this retro Trans Am? :partyon:

I really like this car.....very sharp looking and performance to boot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
904 Posts
How cool is this retro Trans Am? :partyon:

I really like this car.....very sharp looking and performance to boot. :thumbsup:

I like the look, except for my taste the front end is just a bit too "blockie".

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the look, except for my taste the front end is just a bit too "blockie".
I agree, it looks good in some colors and not so good in others. The car is modeled after the 71 Trans Am but when you see the bandit model it looks out of place and wierd because there was no bandit based on the 71 model.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The 1969 body would have looked better.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like it. And with Lingenfelter on board, you know it was done right. I still think the '01-'02 T.A's are really cool too. I go to cars.com all the time just to check out the pictures and prices of what's on the market. They're still pretty pricey too for used cars. Thanks for sharing Ponch! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Those look cool, as does the new Camaro. I was really diggin the new Camaro's the more I saw them on the street. However I sat in one last week, it might just be me, but I couldn't see anything in them. They don't just have a blind spot.. it's more like a blind region. The windows are freakin tiny! :huh:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Almost perfect
Just needs one of these on the nose IMHO

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought you didn't like Camaros? Afterall, 98% of that car is a Camaro...
The only body panels that weren't changed are the doors and roof. The motor is different but the tranny is GM. The suspension is all new as is the interior. It's amazing how some body work changes the appearence of a car. I'd buy one of these but probably wouldn't buy a camaro. :huh:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
The only body panels that weren't changed are the doors and roof. The motor is different but the tranny is GM. The suspension is all new as is the interior. It's amazing how some body work changes the appearence of a car. I'd buy one of these but probably wouldn't buy a camaro. :huh:
But... it IS a Camaro... it started as a Camaro... it's titled as a Camaro... it's registered as a Camaro.

It's just a custom Camaro.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But... it IS a Camaro... it started as a Camaro... it's titled as a Camaro... it's registered as a Camaro.

It's just a custom Camaro.
Without the Camaro look. But if it makes you happy, I won't buy one. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think this is cooler!

The T-tops are way cool. This car looks good as a bandit but not as a 71 model which is what I said earlier. The Blue/white one by Lingenfelter is hot.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
The T-tops are way cool. This car looks good as a bandit but not as a 71 model which is what I said earlier. The Blue/white one by Lingenfelter is hot.
I'll take the Black Bandit one then.:D Are they going to make that??? Wait...it's a Pontiac.:thud: Bummer:down:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll take the Black Bandit one then.:D Are they going to make that??? Wait...it's a Pontiac.:thud: Bummer:down:
Lingenfelter will offer the Bandit but it's also in the 71 style which doesn't look right. The 71 Style needs to be in the original color combo with no hood bird.

I'd like to see GM bring back the Trans Am..... It doesn't hve to be a Pontiac. It could be the Chevrolet Trans Am or even an option package. They're missing the boat on a new Trans Am though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts