Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put wider wheels on my c6. I have looked into the z06 rear quarter panels and I dont like the fact that the fender lips dont match the front fender lips. Lingenfelter offers c6 mini tubs that retain the factory c6 rear fenders. They allow a 12 or 13 inch wide wheel to be used, the factory rear shocks have to be changed to a smaller diameter shock such as a koni to clear the wheels. They use these mini tubs on their commemorative edition 427 twin turbo c6. Also, you can see these on the c6 twin turbo lingenfelter vette that was featured in road and track recently in a shoot out to 200 mph. Its a clean install and looks good when finished. the price to install the minitubs is $2700 out the door. Has anyone out there tried these yet? I am very interested in doing this.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I am wanting to put wider wheels on my c6. I have looked into the z06 rear quarter panels and I dont like the fact that the fender lips dont match the front fender lips. Lingenfelter offers c6 mini tubs that retain the factory c6 rear fenders. They allow a 12 or 13 inch wide wheel to be used, the factory rear shocks have to be changed to a smaller diameter shock such as a koni to clear the wheels. They use these mini tubs on their commemorative edition 427 twin turbo c6. Also, you can see these on the c6 twin turbo lingenfelter vette that was featured in road and track recently in a shoot out to 200 mph. Its a clean install and looks good when finished. the price to install the minitubs is $2700 out the door. Has anyone out there tried these yet? I am very interested in doing this.
I have seen this performed on a C6. It is a very clean installation which includes reforming the rear carpet to mold it to the tubs. If you look in the trunk, unless you know it, you can not tell it is tubbed. I have some pcitures from the installation I can post when I get back home.

I have 11inch rear wheels that fit inside the stock C6 wells and fenders. I went to the LPE Konis but I did not do tubs. I can fit up 325s inside the stock C6 fenders. Even with my HP that is enough.

You will not be disappointed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
My opinion? DON'T do it.
Since I don't see any mention about upgrading to some outrageous HP, it appears to be be a for-appearances'-only mod.
Wait till the next gen comes out then go crazy with it.

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts
My opinion? DON'T do it.
Since I don't see any mention about upgrading to some outrageous HP, it appears to be be a for-appearances'-only mod.
Wait till the next gen comes out then go crazy with it.
:huh: I am not sure if by next gen you mean the BD/SS or the C7 ... in any case ... who knows if he will get either ...

I would personally get the Caravaggio rear fenders, all of the look of stock ... but with Z06 size flares.

·
Registered
316 Posts

I have just finnished making this mod (to my rear 1/4 panels) but without the LPE tubs and for less than 1K CDN.... First i had the rear black plastic fender lips built out so that they matched the cars new paint. Next, I had Mich 30x19x345's installed along with my PFADT's using a stiffness setting of 14. If you look at my Silver Surfer threads you will see the car is about as low as she can go (2 3/4 inches clearance) ......BUT, the rear tires were rubbing on the inner tubs.... so instead of installing new mini tubs I had the body shop cut out and remould the inner tub linings. Simple, cost effective fix - no more rubbing and the new lines of my rear 1/4's look great (IMHO).

Doc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
if you tub, you can't put the targa roof in the back. Go for the carvaggio rears fenders without the vents and it won't look that different compared to the front C6 fenders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts