Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a heck of a time trying to replace my passenger side driving light! I know it's easy to do, but I can't reach the darn thing! I've tried putting the hood up, then the lights and trying to reach down a grab it, but I don't even come CLOSE to reaching it. I know it's just a qtr. turn, pull out...pull out light, put new one in...put back in and turn back a qtr....easy! BUT I can't reach the darn thing!!! :thud:

What's the best way to get to this bulb? Someone help me...if I have to drive another day with only one DRL and no front turn signal...:thud: I don't know how many people have come up to me and said "Hey, do you know you have a light out on the front?" again - :thud:

Someone please help me! Thanks!

James

1N189

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I believe you have to go through the front air duct. Just push it back and to the side. Helps to have small hands.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you have to go through the front air duct. Just push it back and to the side. Helps to have small hands.:thumbsup:
Now what if I have a ZO6 grill in the air duct...similar to your car (but after market addition) then what? Any ideas then? Cause that isn't going anywhere with how good that's in!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I do believe you have to take the plastic shroud off of the passanger headlight and that will help you reach the foglight better.I am pretty sure thats how i did it .I know I didnt go threw the air duct.Hope this works or helps a little.Vettes rule!!!!:partyon:

·
Registered
132 Posts
James,

I have a 2002 Z06. To replace mine, I jacked up the front of the car. I removed the lower close out panel under the front fascia. It is located adjacent to your front wheel well on the bottom of the car. If I remember correctly, it is held on by 3 bolts. Next pull the front of your brake caliper cooling duct rearward and position it aside; you don't have to remove the whole thing. Open the lamp access door on the front fascia and remove the lamp socket from the lamp assembly. Then, remove the bulb from the socket. Replace the bulb, and test that it lights before reversing the removal directions. The brake duct presses back in to secure. Hopefully the 2000 model has a similar install. I've seen other posts that say you can access the assembly from the top if you have small enough arms. I can't verify this. However, I once dropped a screw into this area, and luckily, my grilfriend was able to grab it from the top headlight opening. She did suffer a few scrapes, though.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

To replace the Park/Turn Signal/Side marker lamp bulbs, it is basically the same procedure. Instead of opening the lamp access door on the fog lamp, you disconnect the sockets from the lamp assembly (there are 2 lamps in this assembly), replace the one that is burnt out, then reverse the disassembly procedure.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do believe you have to take the plastic shroud off of the passanger headlight and that will help you reach the foglight better.I am pretty sure thats how i did it .I know I didnt go threw the air duct.Hope this works or helps a little.Vettes rule!!!!:partyon:
It's not the fog light that is out...it's the amber day time running light that also is the front pass. blinker that's out. BUT if there is a way that I can take off the shroud and get to the light (that's in there) that way...please tell me how you would do that....thanks! :thumbsup:

James

1N189

·
Registered
724 Posts
:agree:

That is how I changed my driving/fog light.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
James,

I have a 2002 Z06. To replace mine, I jacked up the front of the car. I removed the lower close out panel under the front fascia. It is located adjacent to your front wheel well on the bottom of the car. If I remember correctly, it is held on by 3 bolts. Next pull the front of your brake caliper cooling duct rearward and position it aside; you don't have to remove the whole thing. Open the lamp access door on the front fascia and remove the lamp socket from the lamp assembly. Then, remove the bulb from the socket. Replace the bulb, and test that it lights before reversing the removal directions. The brake duct presses back in to secure. Hopefully the 2000 model has a similar install. I've seen other posts that say you can access the assembly from the top if you have small enough arms. I can't verify this. However, I once dropped a screw into this area, and luckily, my grilfriend was able to grab it from the top headlight opening. She did suffer a few scrapes, though.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

To replace the Park/Turn Signal/Side marker lamp bulbs, it is basically the same procedure. Instead of opening the lamp access door on the fog lamp, you disconnect the sockets from the lamp assembly (there are 2 lamps in this assembly), replace the one that is burnt out, then reverse the disassembly procedure.

:thumbsup: :D :cheers:

Thank you! That's what I was wanting to know...a little help on how to get to the bulb...cause I'm not a big guy, but my arms are still to big to reach down there and I'm betting my wife would be to scared to try. :laughing:

I appreciate the help guys! I'll let you know once I get it done...maybe I'll even take some pictures of the event for the next person to come along.

James

1N189

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow, thats a lot of taking things apart! Heck, trade it in on a C-6 and don't tell them about the light!

Art:crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts