Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the middle of a cam change and im ready to pull it out now but after reading alot here i need to raise the engine slightly can i do this with a jack under the oilpan i if loosen one of the motormounts, is it safe to do this i hate to crack the oilpan.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes it is safe to lift on a oil pan, use a block of wood. When lifting, do it slow & make sure the car is not being lifted too (like a mount hung up).

·
Registered
424 Posts
Im in the middle of a cam change and im ready to pull it out now but after reading alot here i need to raise the engine slightly can i do this with a jack under the oilpan i if loosen one of the motormounts, is it safe to do this i hate to crack the oilpan.
i dont know if there are any different front supports for an 89, but i was able to change the cam in my 84 with just puling the radiator and holding the condensor up and out of the way.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
When I did the cam in my 88, the brace was ever so slightly in the way, so I took my grinder and skinned a little off and the cam slipped right over it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the answers,im going to try and see if i can get it out as soon as i get home from work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts