Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking it too far? What say you? :huh:

http://www.suntimes.com/4099633-417...fends-after-class-live-sex-demonstration.html

Northwestern University defends after-class live sex demonstration

More than 100 Northwestern University students watched as a naked 25-year-old woman was penetrated by a sex toy wielded by her fiancee during an after-class session of the school’s popular “Human Sexuality” class.

The woman said she showed up at the Feb. 21 lecture in the Ryan Family Auditorium in Evanston expecting just to answer questions, but was game to demonstrate. The course’s professor on Wednesday acknowledged some initial hesitation, but said student feedback was “uniformly positive.”

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Two consenting adults? Who is to stop them? The government?

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Taking it too far? What say you? :huh:

http://www.suntimes.com/4099633-417...fends-after-class-live-sex-demonstration.html

Northwestern University defends after-class live sex demonstration

More than 100 Northwestern University students watched as a naked 25-year-old woman was penetrated by a sex toy wielded by her fiancee during an after-class session of the school’s popular “Human Sexuality” class.

The woman said she showed up at the Feb. 21 lecture in the Ryan Family Auditorium in Evanston expecting just to answer questions, but was game to demonstrate. The course’s professor on Wednesday acknowledged some initial hesitation, but said student feedback was “uniformly positive.”
This is college dude. It's not like 10 year old kids were exposed to this. The people who watched this after class demonstration, likely have seen much worse on their own computers many times before by the time they are in college.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is college dude. It's not like 10 year old kids were exposed to this. The people who watched this after class demonstration, likely have seen much worse on their own computers many times before by the time they are in college.
This wasn't a frat party or house party or dorm room orgy. This was in a class room, announced and set up by the instructor and now supported as an "artistic and freedom of speech demonstration" buy the university. :laughing:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
This wasn't a frat party or house party or dorm room orgy. This was in a class room, announced and set up by the instructor and now supported as an "artistic and freedom of speech demonstration" buy the university. :laughing:
Like it or not nudity is considered art. If you go to the greatest art exibitions in the world you will see an awfull lot of nudity. Hell there was a recent art exhibition at the MOMA that forced you to squeeze between two naked people to get into one section of the exhibit.

This sort of study has been going on for centuries. There is probably nothing that peeks our curiosity more than what make the opposite sex tick.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
What makes sex and nudity so important that government needs to interfere?

What is the difference between how I want to run my business and what I do in bed, with others, or in public?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like it or not nudity is considered art. If you go to the greatest art exibitions in the world you will see an awfull lot of nudity. Hell there was a recent art exhibition at the MOMA that forced you to squeeze between two naked people to get into one section of the exhibit.

This sort of study has been going on for centuries. There is probably nothing that peeks our curiosity more than what make the opposite sex tick.
That's the University's story and they're sticking to it. :laughing:

I could argue there is a difference between nudity (art) and getting some one off with a vibrator in public though. I'd say the latter is more fetish than art.

A "study"? Really? :D

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What makes sex and nudity so important that government needs to interfere?

What is the difference between how I want to run my business and what I do in bed, with others, or in public?
The public part.

Try nailin' your wife, gf, bf, sheep... in your own front yard. See how soon the cops show up.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
The public part.

Try nailin' your wife, gf, bf, sheep... in your own front yard. See how soon the cops show up.
Northwestern is a private school. Therefore since the act was within their PRIVATE building my front yard has nothing to do with it. I can do whatever I want in my house, Machine can do whatever he wants in his factories, and the faculty can do whatever they want within the confines of NWU if it is within the campus rules. The government has no say in this matter.

Ill take it one step further. Why should the government be able to restrict where I am naked and have sex? Isnt that government interferance in my freedom? So again, why should businesses be able to screw people when/where they want and individuals cannot? :laughing:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Ill take it one step further. Why should the government be able to restrict where I am naked and have sex? Isnt that government interferance in my freedom? So again, why should businesses be able to screw people when/where they want and individuals cannot? :laughing:
I don't mind, it just depends on whether you're an attractive young female, or a fat hairy old dude. :smack

BTW, I prefere the attractive young female. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I don't mind, it just depends on whether you're an attractive young female, or a fat hairy old dude. :smack

BTW, I prefere the attractive young female. :laughing:
You sort of beat me to it. I was going to say my level of offended-ness is directly proportional to her level of attractiveness. :laughing:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You sort of beat me to it. I was going to say my level of offended-ness is directly proportional to her level of attractiveness. :laughing:
:laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

I'm thinking this is the couple in the story. At least this was the pic in the story.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
That's the University's story and they're sticking to it. :laughing:

I could argue there is a difference between nudity (art) and getting some one off with a vibrator in public though. I'd say the latter is more fetish than art.

A "study"? Really? :D
Did you ever hear of the Kinsey Institute. It's only purpose was the study of sex.

PS: The Kama Sutra is an ancient book of sexual positions and sex acts. It was the result of many many years of study.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Ah, to be very young again :thumbsup:

Wait a minute, if thats her in the pic, I want my click back :laughing:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you ever hear of the Kinsey Institute. It's only purpose was the study of sex.

PS: The Kama Sutra is an ancient book of sexual positions and sex acts. It was the result of many many years of study.
I graduated from IU. I know all about Kinsey. I sat in classes in the same halls that he taught in. I even watched the movie a few years back. :thumbsup:

And the Kama Sutra ain't got nothing on me. :devil:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So its ok if she is hot and you're not offended, but if she was ugly then the state needs to intervene?
Where did I ever say I was offended???? :huh:
If this where going on while I was attending school there, I'd be in the front row with a back up set of batteries! :devil:

I was just playing Devil's advocate here. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Whatever makes people happy.

I'd rather have that then stoning and what not from fanatical zelots.

At least she had a good time, I'd bet quite a few students did to ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts