Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just got my Lloyd's mats yesterday. They are beautiful. But I have an issue, that I hope you folks can help with. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or the mats are defective.

The plastic loops on the bottom of the mat don't seem to line up with the OEM hooks on the floor. It almost seems that on both mats the white plastic loops on the bottom of the mat were placed about 2 inches away from where it should be.

If I make them line up, the mat sits too far back from the seat and doesn't meet well at the rear of the mat (front of the car).

And it seems that since the mats sit on top of the OEM hooks, there's a slight bulge that feels strange. Do people remove the OEM hooks so the mats sit flat?

These are supposedly GM licensed. What am I doing wrong? Should I upload a photo of what I'm referring to?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Bump:huh:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
The hooks on the Lloyd's swivel. Mine fit turning in the hooks. Also after hooking you tuck and final position your mats.

Good Luck I am happy with my mats.

:cheers:

·
Registered
345 Posts
midnite is right..the hook swivel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not a swivel issue.

I bet I am one of the first people to discover this issue. GM made a design change regarding how the floor mat is attached to the floor. Most C6 vettes built before perhaps May 16 (maybe sooner) had a snap-in post mechanism. Corvettes built after May 16 definitely DO NOT have such a mechanism. They instead have a hook. Also, the location of the hook is different from where the snap-in post was.

Consequently, if you buy a Lloyd's mat like I just did, they will not work. They fit size-wise. But it can not be fastened in place. So they move.

I went to my dealer and he was as shocked as I was. We looked at 2007 vettes that have been sitting in his lot for months and they have the post/snap system. We looked at a new vette (also 2007) that came in last week and its just like mine; it has a hook.

I called Corvettes of Houston (COH) where I purchased my mats and sure enough, they were also surprised. I spoke with Scott and he insisted that the mat fits all C6 vettes. I explained to him about this change and the fact that the location of the mounting point moved. He said he would call Lloyd's and get back to me.

At this point, I have 2 options:
1) return the mats to COH.

or

2) Wait for Lloyd's to redesign the mat or create some kind of adaptor.

Just thought I'd let you all know. The same issue may exist if you bought the GM premium logo mat, but I don't know for sure.

Has anyone else seen this in a very new 2007 C6 (since mid-May)?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a brief update. Several other people have the same issue. Its been comfirmed that a design change occurred sometime in the late April or early May timeframe to remove the posts and go with a hook design as a system to fasten the mats.

So after-market mats will not work with the new design, at least until the mats are redesigned. Several dealers are aware of this as is Lloyds.

Steve

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Just went out to check mine and they don't fit the loop on the mats.:thud:
Guess I'll contact Southern car parts and see what the fix will be from Lloyds.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let us all know what they say. Since I initially posted this issue, I've heard from many others who have a recently built C6 with the same problem. I know Lloyd's is scrambling to find a solution. I really wonder whether GM contacted these companies to tell them of this design change in the new (after April) 2007 C6.

Steve

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Just sent a email to Southern Car Parts to see if he's aware of this issue:huh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts