Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows how to fix this let me know.

On my 1977 vette a tensioner to let the driverside outer door handle open, broke. I took the door apart replaced it, and re-assembled the door, I knew there might be something wrong, when I did not have any extra parts, when I closed the door and tried to open it, same problem, but now the inside door will not open aswell, if any one has had similar problems let me know. And how to fix it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 72 a few years back.

Here's the ugly unhelpful truth......I took the door apart, could not determine what exactly was wrong...reassembled it...and it was ok.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES I figured it out, and I did not need to take the door, apart! Pictures will be on the way to for future references.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
groundczero said:
YES I figured it out, and I did not need to take the door, apart! Pictures will be on the way to for future references.
Looking forward to see them:cheers:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah of how to fix it w/o taking the whole door off, just need to get a digi cam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
77 door

My 77 door wants to swing shut. I tried installing one of the springs (looks like an S) because it is missing. I tried to make it go in like the other side but can't get it in for the life of me. Anyone ever put one in?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same problem with my passanger side door. Let me know how it turns out so I can do the same to mine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
77 door

It is actually for my brothers 77. Everytime I try to put it in I feel like I am going to scratch the paint or have the spring come flying back at me. He kind of gave up on it.:huh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts