Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well tonight got real exciting,I got home at around 6.45,and has i was getting the suff out of ny car,(vette) i shut the door w/o thinking first.I had locked them,and the keys were in the ing.To most us ,this would not be much of a big deal unless you dont have a spare door key.I repeat do not lock your car w/o spare keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It took me about two hours to fig.a way to unlock,w/o calling a locksmith.I will keep this a secret,and let you guys figure this out,the winner goes to the lounge for one on me and the wife.:laughing: :buhbye: :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I love having PKE. If I lock the keys in the car I wait about 30 seconds, then gently rock the car up and back to wake it up and it'll unlock the doors for me. NICE!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I love having PKE. If I lock the keys in the car I wait about 30 seconds, then gently rock the car up and back to wake it up and it'll unlock the doors for me. NICE!
yeah real nice until you leave your wife in your car in front of my house at 3 am and she wakes up and desides to get out of the car.....and then wakes up all my neighbors..never seen someone run that fast to get there keys inside the car

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patrick96LT4 said:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: well that would of help me but (ARRRRRRRRRRRRR0n) wrong answer,try again,go have one on me

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Punk Boy said:
yeah real nice until you leave your wife in your car in front of my house at 3 am and she wakes up and desides to get out of the car.....and then wakes up all my neighbors..never seen someone run that fast to get there keys inside the car
Ah... yes... the fond and FORGOTTEN memories.... didn't I race a ricer that night?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
Well, if you had left the windows down, you could have reached in and pulled the door handle.:laughing:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Ah... yes... the fond and FORGOTTEN memories.... didn't I race a ricer that night?
yes you did race a ricer...ford probe....and then 3 other vettes decided they couldn't get showed up by you and blew by the ricer

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Torch Red 2K said:
Well, if you had left the windows down, you could have reached in and pulled the door handle.:laughing:
uh them windows were up tight ,and in this part of the woods,window down,car gone:laughing: :rolling:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
when i had my 89 i did this at least 5 times.i'm working on car,hood open,window's up,i get in start car,get out to check for leaks,or whatever,and the door closes,and it's locked with the car running.good thing the window switchs are on the center console,i stuck a long skinny rod(off my chain link fence).i stuck it in the rear of the door,at the window/weatherstripping,pushed the window switch,and down came the window.:laughing: i left that tool right by the zaino,and used it a few more times.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hawaii-5-lo said:
when i had my 89 i did this at least 5 times.i'm working on car,hood open,window's up,i get in start car,get out to check for leaks,or whatever,and the door closes,and it's locked with the car running.good thing the window switchs are on the center console,i stuck a long skinny rod(off my chain link fence).i stuck it in the rear of the door,at the window/weatherstripping,pushed the window switch,and down came the window.:laughing: i left that tool right by the zaino,and used it a few more times.
now that,s close,but no cigar,have one on me anyways,and your were lucky that your car was at least running.i would have done that two.oh bye the way i didnot use a coat hanger on the door handle,wont let you in ,hint......

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
thats the first time i ever admitted to that.damn you Kenny...:laughing:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I love having PKE... I wait about 30 seconds, then gently rock the car up and back to wake it up and it'll unlock the doors for me. NICE!
Do you caress it and give it a kiss, too? :laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
An extra key might.... might cost you all of $3.00 on an original GM blank, and that's a high price. What is your time worth??
Know what else? they sell "hide a keys" that are held on by velcro so you can put an extra door key in it and attach it below
the vehicle somewhere.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
stilcrazee said:
An extra key might.... might cost you all of $3.00 on an original GM blank, and that's a high price. What is your time worth??
Know what else? they sell "hide a keys" that are held on by velcro so you can put an extra door key in it and attach it below
the vehicle somewhere.
growing up in L.A., it's pretty common knowledge that thieves go thru parking lots checking bumpers for "hide a keys".my dads car got ripped off like that,and that sucker was way under the car.
i had a spare key,but it did not work.
the good old key fob is the ticket.:buhbye:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
growing up in L.A., it's pretty common knowledge that thieves go thru parking lots checking bumpers for "hide a keys".my dads car got ripped off like that,and that sucker was way under the car.
i had a spare key,but it did not work.
the good old key fob is the ticket.:buhbye:
That's why you only put a DOOR key in the hider. If the car is a single key system there may be a way to have a locksmith make a key that only works the door. I have a key on mine ('03) that works the doors and gloves and somewhere buried in the car a key that does the whole enchilada including the chip for ignition.

Auto manufacturers originally went to the separate ignition key per the Gov't asking something bedone about auto theft. The 1 key system that is current was gleaned form the European manufacturers, most notable of theat was the transponder which has been in use in Europe since the early 80's.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
the key fob works great,don't push the button until your out of the car.i even have two spares with new batteries and programed.yep,can program 3 fobs in the memory also.
if one of those stinkin hide a keys falls off someones car and hits mine,someones going to pay.:spanked:
on a side note,if you put the hide a key by the right rear tire,i heard you can knock .2 off your 60 ft times.;)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hawaii-5-lo said:
thats the first time i ever admitted to that.damn you Kenny...:laughing:
thats right,damn me ..damn me all to hell.:laughing: :buhbye: :cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
You pushed the door lock button with something that you stuck through the top of the window.

OR you pulle dth ewindow back enough to get your arm in there to unlock the door ( afriend of mine used to get in his Camaro like this)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts