Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tuner locked the PCM on my '04 Vette. Never mind who it was, that's not important. What I want to know is if I were to swap out the PCM for another one that is not locked, what kind of money and potential problems are we talking about here?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
sorry i cant help you but im curious what do you mean when he locked your pcm

·
Banned
622 Posts
:huh:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i cant help you but im curious what do you mean when he locked your pcm

I was told that this was done to prevent others from seeing how he did the tables and such. I am not computer literate to explain what he did to lock it....only that I am told that if I want to make fine adjustments or simple changes to fan settings, etc, only he can do it....no one can access the program.

Password protected, I would presume.

What does a new one of these things cost anyways? That way I can start from scratch again, and if I get into trouble, I can always put the other (locked) computer back on.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I was told that this was done to prevent others from seeing how he did the tables and such. I am not computer literate to explain what he did to lock it....only that I am told that if I want to make fine adjustments or simple changes to fan settings, etc, only he can do it....no one can access the program.

Password protected, I would presume.

What does a new one of these things cost anyways? That way I can start from scratch again, and if I get into trouble, I can always put the other (locked) computer back on.
wow.....pretty low if you ask me i don't mean to offend you but why would he do such a thing did you have some motor work done or something

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You mines well just get it unlocked from the tuner that locked it in the first place. He will most likely do this for you if you agree to the stock tune being put back on.

Go to a shop that DOES NOT lock their tunes and get it retuned.

I think its still cheaper than getting a new PCM and a re-tune.

I wonder if the tuner is who I think it is....???

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
So in other words, if you're on a road trip and the car breaks down, you're screwed. I'd get the thing unlocked and find someone else to work on the car. Ditch that loser. :crazy:

·
Banned
622 Posts
Is there somthing wrong with the tune, why do you not want it anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts