Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took all my wheels off yesterday ( one at a time ) to clean the rims and tires and I did not have any locking lug nuts on any of the 4 wheels. I had the special end unit to use for them but no nuts :lookinup: Question is did I ever have them and they were removed or do you have to purchase them seprately ? The wheels look fine after cleaning them. Also there were small colored lines in the tread I found after scrubbing them , Are these wear indicators ?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Michael Malone Smith said:
Took all my wheels off yesterday ( one at a time ) to clean the rims and tires and I did not have any locking lug nuts on any of the 4 wheels. I had the special end unit to use for them but no nuts :lookinup: Question is did I ever have them and they were removed or do you have to purchase them seprately ? The wheels look fine after cleaning them. Also there were small colored lines in the tread I found after scrubbing them , Are these wear indicators ?
are you sure that adapter was not just an extension that came with the GS for use as a space for the lug wrench ont he rear wheels?

The Locking Lug Nuts were not standard on vettes you had to get them extra I believe

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Mine came with locking lugs, but I am unaware about whether that is a factory item or not.

My Black LT4 car had locking lugs as well.

Good question, Michael! You may want to take a poll and see how many people have them. Or, see if someone here is the original owner of their C4....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have read that the locking lug nuts were not something that was installed at the factory.... they were actually a dealer installed option.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeff, the extention was there also so I don't know what to make of it. Maybe the owner before me took them off ? Why would someone do that ?
Patrick, how do I take a poll , I would be interested to know.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jeff, the extention was there also so I don't know what to make of it. Maybe the owner before me took them off ? Why would someone do that ?
Because locking lugs can be a pain in the ass hassle sometimes especially if you loose the damm key for them.. though there is a tool to remove them.. but sometimes you can't even use it if the locking lug is recessed with little room around it for the tool.. and if you think you wouldn't loose it.. trust me it happens.. it's more of a pain in the ass then a theft deterant some times.. **** get some insurance on your ride.. ha..

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Just create a new post, then read all of the things below the text entry window.... you'll get it! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts