·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see how many of you have locking lug nuts or ever had them ? :huh:

·
Registered
321 Posts
my 87 had them when I bought it and looking in the storage compartment behind the drivers seat, I have the original bag and instructions that they came with along with the 4 lug nuts they replaced.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
My new wheels came with them, but I would have got some anyway. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most of the Vettes we see have them, usually factory units, one on each wheel. They can be a pain in the ass, especially if you loose the key. The bad guy's use good vise grip tools to get them off in about two minutes.

<edit'd by Patrick96LT4>

·
Registered
509 Posts
tonyc said:
Most of the Vettes we see have them, usually factory units, one on each wheel. They can be a pain in the ass, especially if you loose the key. The bad guy's use good vise grip tools to get them off in about two minutes.

<edit'd by Patrick96LT4>
It's a nice Idea for protecting your valueable wheels. But I agree, their a pain in the ass expecially in the service industry.. when someone forgets to give you the lug key and you have a car in your bay.. removing the lug locks are not that hard.. if I have to remove them such as the owner doesn't have a key anymore or whatever reason. I either use a snap-on remover kit or if I don't have the correct size removal tool I take a craftsman socket slam it on the lug with a hammer and take it off with my impact gun... they make cordless battery powerd impacts.. I'm pretty sure the "bad guys" can take one of those and do the same and have your wheels off and loaded up very quickly.. it's a nice Idea to help stall the theft of your wheels but it won't stop them... thats my .02

-Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts