Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still not sure which of the new GPS systems would be the better choice over LoJack. Do not have OnStar and it appears that OnStar cannot be retofitted. Any experiences, recommendations in the DC World. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
DIfferent animals.

Onstar in its current state may be easily disabled but Lo-Jack is much harder. Lo-Jack transmits on multiple bands and is harder to Jam/Block. Police have Lo-jack Tracking units but not On-Star.

On-star has a rich set of features besides vehicle locator that Lo-Jack does not offer.

:cheers:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lojack works really well. About 1 min after I had my car on the tow and he was pulling away from the fob I got a call from them saying the car may be stolen. Problem is you have to have coverage in your area, but it's usually in all major areas. Also you pay one time, not a monthly thing.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cops have LoJack, but...

Cops have LoJack, but...Do they care and do they respond in a timely way to recover anything but a shell? That is why I thought the new GPS systems might be better. I realize I have to call the authorities, but can give them actual headings and or locations of the car while theft is in progress.

BTW OSUVette, I'm also a buckeye, but in Miami (tough place to fly the colors).

·
Registered
189 Posts
BTW OSUVette, I'm also a buckeye, but in Miami (tough place to fly the colors).

Go BUCKS!!:partyon: I can imagine it's a little rough, especially right now. Just keep flying that flag, it's not a good day until you irritate at least one florida fan:laughing:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Go BUCKS!!:partyon: I can imagine it's a little rough, especially right now. Just keep flying that flag, it's not a good day until you irritate at least one florida fan:laughing:

Irritating Florida fans is a good thing. But next year, Billy G is going to bring the Kentucky Wildcats back to the promise land. GO CATS!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still not sure which of the new vehicle GPS systems would be the better choice over LoJack. Do not have OnStar and it appears that OnStar cannot be retofitted. Any experiences, recommendations in the DC World. Thanks.
I have not used the two GPSs you mentioned, and I have experience with SpyTec and AMERICALOC. My personal experience proves that SpyTec does a good job of accuracy, while AMERICALOC does a good job of battery life (it can last about 30 days). Many GPSs are very cheap now, and you can find many of them on Google.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts