Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
That electrical engineer is an idiot. If it was about money, they would keep the $15/year VOIP and interweb, or drop interweb and have a $25/month phone, not a $100/month cell phone.

Cell phone is more efficient making the land line useless. If anything, it points to a complete lack of home security systems.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
That electrical engineer is an idiot. If it was about money, they would keep the $15/year VOIP and interweb, or drop interweb and have a $25/month phone, not a $100/month cell phone.
I don't think so. What he is saying is, they are GOING to have a cell phone - everyone wants portability. If money were no object, they would also have a land line. But since money IS an object for so many, they elect to ditch the landline.
I just had a conversation about this over the weekend with my wife and son. My wife pays all of the phone bills and was wondering why we still have a landline. We never use it or answer it. The reason we have it is that in the past, we needed a landline for our security system and Satellite receiver. Now the receiver gets it's data through the internet connection. My son was saying there is a way to disconnect from the landline with the security system. If so (I have to call them and see what's involved), I will be dumping my land line.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I don't think so. What he is saying is, they are GOING to have a cell phone - everyone wants portability. If money were no object, they would also have a land line. But since money IS an object for so many, they elect to ditch the landline.
I just had a conversation about this over the weekend with my wife and son. My wife pays all of the phone bills and was wondering why we still have a landline. We never use it or answer it. The reason we have it is that in the past, we needed a landline for our security system and Satellite receiver. Now the receiver gets it's data through the internet connection. My son was saying there is a way to disconnect from the landline with the security system. If so (I have to call them and see what's involved), I will be dumping my land line.
Our security system has the option of cellular backup in the event of the landline being cut. The control box has a rubber whip antenna on it. You no longer need a landline for the alarm. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
You need to hook the security system up to your VOIP or similar. Lots of security systems have internet capable reporting, now. Call them and ask how.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure, but the dirt poor do not need cell phones.
Nobody does. They are a luxury.
A land line is cheaper.

Yet people on welfare most often, have cable tv, HS internet, and 200 dollar a month cell phone bills.

I fully admit, ditching the land line is a great option for many people.

People on tax payers teet, cheaper to use a land line.

It's bad enough as it is, the fed are trashing soc aid, yet still paying for cell phones for low income peep.

That's ****ed up.
Bush's cell phone aid....labeled as Obama phones :rolleyes: should be trashed.

I'll bet half those mississippi, arkansas, and kentuckaaaay demographics are fed funded....:laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Sure, but the dirt poor do not need cell phones.
Nobody does. They are a luxury.
A land line is cheaper.

Yet people on welfare most often, have cable tv, HS internet, and 200 dollar a month cell phone bills.

I fully admit, ditching the land line is a great option for many people.

People on tax payers teet, cheaper to use a land line.

It's bad enough as it is, the fed are trashing soc aid, yet still paying for cell phones for low income peep.

That's ****ed up.
Bush's cell phone aid....labeled as Obama phones :rolleyes: should be trashed.

I'll bet half those mississippi, arkansas, and kentuckaaaay demographics are fed funded....:laughing:
Sarcasm becomes you, Dune. :laughing:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Maybe there should be a law against people owning a cell phone if they are on welfare?

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
How about we get rid of well fare ALL TOGETHER?:huh:
Can't. Crime would skyrocket. A decent portion of welfare is like payoff money to certain demographics and tendencies. Without it, those who have decided to suck at school and never work will just rob and steal and so on to 'get theirs.'

The only way to get people off welfare is to kill them if they are not off it within a period of time and if they commit any theft throut their lives if they were ever on it. Sad, but true. It is the only way.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Can't. Crime would skyrocket. A decent portion of welfare is like payoff money to certain demographics and tendencies. Without it, those who have decided to suck at school and never work will just rob and steal and so on to 'get theirs.'

The only way to get people off welfare is to kill them if they are not off it within a period of time and if they commit any theft throut their lives if they were ever on it. Sad, but true. It is the only way.
Take the money we give to wellfare now and split it between the police and the schools. You can give a man a fish or you can teach a man how to fish or you can incarsorate him for stealing the fish.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Take the money we give to wellfare now and split it between the police and the schools. You can give a man a fish or you can teach a man how to fish or you can incarsorate him for stealing the fish.
Conservatives think schools and cops are over funded as it is. Adding money to that pot is against what they believe and still won't stop crime. Besides, it will just catch them afterwards as the victims of crime pile up like cord wood. The key is to stop it before it happens. Most cops know they are not crime preventers. They are crime solvers or rectifiers, at best.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Conservatives think schools and cops are over funded as it is. Adding money to that pot is against what they believe and still won't stop crime. Besides, it will just catch them afterwards as the victims of crime pile up like cord wood. The key is to stop it before it happens. Most cops know they are not crime preventers. They are crime solvers or rectifiers, at best.
Oh, is THAT what conservatives think? :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Conservatives think schools and cops are over funded as it is.
Common misconception.. we don't they are over funded. We just aren't as stupid as a lot of the sheeple. When we see superintendents getting $300k plus salaries, athletic complexes that rival many colleges, $3 million plus buildings being built, when rehabbing the old building makes more economic sense.

We don't think they are over funded, we think they are overstupid like the federal government. Not enough money is used on actual learning..

As for cops, when they are running around looking like a well funded mercenary unit, it's disturbing.

Now, to the topic.. :laughing:

Hell yeah the poor have to make choices, cell phones are cheaper and make more sense. Here, you can get a cell phone, unlimited talk/text/web for $45 month. My fax line costs me $70.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts

Wow, I never thougth of it as paying a portion of our population off so that they dont commit crime. But that sounds true. That doesn't seem to be working well though as we have the more people behind bars then any other nation.

As for the ones that say "I gets mine" come get all the 9mm you want, Ill reload more.

Back on topic, my alarm system has a cell call out only. I know it works because I got the false alarm bill to prove it. I did that, oops. I bought my current house in 06 and have not had a land line in it since.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
unfortunately I am required to maintain a land line....otherwise it would be gone....welfare needs to go away completely. crime is what it is because we do not punish criminals, rather we justify their behavior and blame society :crazy:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't. Crime would skyrocket.

Yep.

And another 40 million homes or more would be foreclosed,
and our homes would be worth 5k,
Hoovervilles would spring up everywhere,
diseases would skyrocket,
economies powered by a large percentage of the population, would go broke, another 20 million would get laid off...

Lots more....

Alot of people here just don't understand microeconomies very well.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Yep.

And another 40 million homes or more would be foreclosed,
and our homes would be worth 5k,
Hoovervilles would spring up everywhere,
diseases would skyrocket,
economies powered by a large percentage of the population, would go broke, another 20 million would get laid off...

Lots more....

Alot of people here just don't understand microeconomies very well.
yet another lib OMG THE SKY IS FALLING WE NEEEEED MORE SOCIAL WELFARE!

you really think welfare will survive the next civil war/revolution? not a ****ing chance

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WE NEEEEED MORE SOCIAL WELFARE!

Where did I say that?:huh:

I was just complaining about welfare subsidized people in this thread and the gun states one.:huh:

:crazy:

I'm still waiting for solid proof that the unions did damage besides masking tape residue on the Wisconsin court house.:laughing:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
lots of marble was damaged, art was damaged, the grounds were damaged, doors,windows ect were damaged when they broke them down to get in. if you do not remember any of this happening, not sure what to tell ya other than where the hell were you, in your basement?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts