Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go to Rochester Hills, Mich today. On the way back I stopped at rest stop on I-94 to refresh my habitual can of pop. When I walked back to the 72 a van was behind it, and two little boys oogling the car, and dad and mom were being very patient with them. They asked in their little squeaky voice "how fast does it go?" Looking at dad, I said " It goes pretty good, but your dad's is faster". They giggled and looked some more and pulled out.

I got behind them as we entered 94 and as I pulled alongside I kind of hugged the steering wheel and made body motions as if urging the old girl on. Dad took the van to 75 mph and I stayed just behind even with his back bumper. The kids were laughing their little asses off and pointing at me. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

After about 2 miles dad waved me on, he slowed down a bit and I continued. What a hoot with those kids:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Lol thats funny. When im driving with my dad in the 85 we always see some kids in the back of a car looking at the car in awe. Then I tell my dad to gun it and give um a little show. Why not hopefully those kids are future Vette owners. I know the vision of a Vette racing away would make me wanna get 1.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
biltogo said:
I had to go to Rochester Hills, Mich today. On the way back I stopped at rest stop on I-94 to refresh my habitual can of pop. When I walked back to the 72 a van was behind it, and two little boys oogling the car, and dad and mom were being very patient with them. They asked in their little squeaky voice "how fast does it go?" Looking at dad, I said " It goes pretty good, but your dad's is faster". They giggled and looked some more and pulled out.

I got behind them as we entered 94 and as I pulled alongside I kind of hugged the steering wheel and made body motions as if urging the old girl on. Dad took the van to 75 mph and I stayed just behind even with his back bumper. The kids were laughing their little asses off and pointing at me. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

After about 2 miles dad waved me on, he slowed down a bit and I continued. What a hoot with those kids:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
That is great,Ihave runinto the same situation,and i felt good,the kids that were asking were ggoing to a camp for special kids. I pulled up nxt to them and waved,and smiles is what i got:partyon: :cheers: :buhbye:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Re: Re: LOL....kids

kenney said:
That is great,Ihave run into the same situation,and i felt good,the kids that were asking were going to a camp for special kids. I pulled up nxt to them and waved,and smiles is what i got:partyon: :cheers: :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Cool story makes me think of that car commerical where the dad is rushing to get to work then when he gets in his car he races his young son whose is leaving to ride his bike to school.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Great story, you made their dad look good. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts