Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rewarding bad behavior... it's a trend with progressives...

Says Many Gang Members Were Coming After His Family

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CBS 2) — He was arrested for protecting his property and family.

But it’s how the Long Island man did it that police say crossed the line.

He got an AK-47 assault rifle, pulled the trigger and he ended up in jail, reports CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

George Grier said he had to use his rifle on Sunday night to stop what he thought was going to be an invasion of his Uniondale home by a gang he thought might have been the vicious “MS-13.” He said the whole deal happened as he was about to drive his cousin home.

“I went around and went into the house, ran upstairs and told my wife to call the police. I get the gun and I go outside and I come into the doorway and now, by this time, they are in the driveway, back here near the house. I tell them, you know, ‘Can you please leave?’ Grier said.

Grier said the five men dared him to use the gun; and that their shouts brought another larger group of gang members in front of his house.

“He starts threatening my family, my life. ‘Oh you’re dead. I’m gonna kill your family and your babies. You’re dead.’ So when he says that, 20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass,” Grier said.

Grier was later arrested. John Lewis is Grier’s attorney.

“What he’s initially charged with – A D felony reckless endangerment — requires a depraved indifference to human life, creating a risk that someone’s going to die. Shooting into a lawn doesn’t create a risk of anybody dying,” Lewis said.

Grier said he knew Nassau County Police employ the hi-tech “ShotSpotter” technology in his area and that the shooting would bring police in minutes. Cops told Guzman he was very cooperative.

Grier also said he was afraid the gang outside his house was the dreaded MS-13. And Nassau County Police Lt. Andrew Mulraine, head of the gang unit, said MS-13 has 2,000 members in the county.

“They’re probably the most organized. They almost have a military hierarchy within the gang, so they are the most organized gang we encounter on a daily basis,” Mulraine said.

You may think a person has the right to defend their home. But the law says you can only use physical force to deter physical force. Grier said he never saw anyone pull out a gun, so a court would have to decide on firing the gun.

Police determined Grier had the gun legally. He has no criminal record. And so he was not charged for the weapon.

That ShotSpotter technology pinpoints where a gun has been fired within 35 feet. Police said it also detected two other shootings in nearby Roosevelt that night.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/07/long-island-man-arrested-for-defending-home-with-ak-47/

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
“What he’s initially charged with – A D felony reckless endangerment — requires a depraved indifference to human life, creating a risk that someone’s going to die. Shooting into a lawn doesn’t create a risk of anybody dying,” Lewis said.

Did any of the individuals, that he saw on his lawn, file a charge with the police?

If not, then whose lives was he indifferent to?

Maybe he was sleep shooting.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
If his life or the lives of his family members were not in direct danger, then he wrote his own ticket to jail. He should have dared them to charge INTO his house and then wasted the idiots who did. He would have received an award.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If his life or the lives of his family members were not in direct danger, then he wrote his own ticket to jail. He should have dared them to charge INTO his house and then wasted the idiots who did. He would have received an award.
And, say he shot 1, or 2, what about the rest? Would they have given him an award, posthumously, also for his family? :huh:

Inviting a group to attack against 1 guy with a gun is kinda :crazy:.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
And, say he shot 1, or 2, what about the rest? Would they have given him an award, posthumously, also for his family? :huh:

Inviting a group to attack against 1 guy with a gun is kinda :crazy:.
Bring 20 of your friend over and try and attack me while I'm holding a AK-47 with a full banana clip. Please make everyone bring their ID.

I notify next of kin. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
you notify them, while i kill them too, their punishment for breeding such garbage....no way in hell would i give them a chance to gain entry to my house....but then again i pack a little more than an ak....

flash bang them, then casually walk up and slit their throats imo, but then again i wouldnt consider my self stable :rolling:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The only thing you have even remotely associated with a banana is the banana hammock and it certainly isn't full.

Only you Ponch, only you! :laughing:

you notify them, while i kill them too, their punishment for breeding such garbage....no way in hell would i give them a chance to gain entry to my house....but then again i pack a little more than an ak....

flash bang them, then casually walk up and slit their throats imo, but then again i wouldnt consider my self stable :rolling:
I'll say it again, you and I should be neighbors! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I’m just curious, does Mr. George Grier have a local Police department and what is their nominal response time in NY? Based on what I’ve read in the past, NY usually responds rather quickly with Guns a blazing … especially if there’s a potential of Gang activity.

Just curious … ;)

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bring 20 of your friend over and try and attack me while I'm holding a AK-47 with a full banana clip. Please make everyone bring their ID.

I notify next of kin. :thumbsup:
You stand no chance.. Rambo. :laughing: A really good shooter would get 3-4 kills shots, standing in the open, as he gets overrun. Odds are, he was outgunned as well as outnumbered.. we're not talking about girls scouts on his yard.

And if I remember correctly, your "banana clip" is illegal in NY.

Edit: Appears 10 round is the limit... 10 rounds, 20 bad guys... you do the math.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You stand no chance.. Rambo. :laughing: A really good shooter would get 3-4 kills shots, standing in the open, as he gets overrun. Odds are, he was outgunned as well as outnumbered.. we're not talking about girls scouts on his yard.

And if I remember correctly, your "banana clip" is illegal in NY.
You would be correct if you were talking about a civilian with no gun experience. However, three things are in my favor. After the first sucker goes down to a head shot and starts squirting blood all over the place, the other 19 usually become pall bearers because they want no part of what that first guy got. Second, I can always go full auto. Ain't nobody crazy enough to run at AK on full auto unless we are talking Iwo Jima.

Third, I very seldom miss. :D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
:laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You would be correct if you were talking about a civilian with no gun experience. However, three things are in my favor. After the first sucker goes down to a head shot and starts squirting blood all over the place, the other 19 usually become pall bearers because they want no part of what that first guy got. Second, I can always go full auto. Ain't nobody crazy enough to run at AK on full auto unless we are talking Iwo Jima.

Third, I very seldom miss. :D

I assumed from this post...

That we were discussing an untrained civilian, who you recommended to invite 20 attackers into his home, while he had a weapon with a 10 round magazine.

Maybe I just misread.. :crazy: :laughing:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts

I assumed from this post...

That we were discussing an untrained civilian, who you recommended to invite 20 attackers into his home, while he had a weapon with a 10 round magazine.

Maybe I just misread.. :crazy: :laughing:

:cheers:

You're right. :cheers:

Wow sweet, are those things paper like the targets?
Bring your bald ass over here and see for yourself, since you stood me up at Carlisle! :D

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

You're right. :cheers:
:cheers: Keep in mind, I am with you as far as defending the home goes. :thumbsup: I just feel bad for these poor suckers who get jailed, while the perps walk away..

Bring your bald ass over here and see for yourself, since you stood me up at Carlisle! :D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I know. Every once in a while, I like to rattle the cages in these political threads. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts