Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Well if the down tubes and collectors are the same size then no.

I would just go with the FLP long tubes!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Long Or Short Tube Headers

Ragvette,

Weel first of all the "Shorties" really aren't headers. . just a fance exhause manifold. The long tubes are really headers. Now, what kind of preformance are you looking for (top end or low end) ? If low end preformance is your gold I would suggest you not go with the larger pipe and collector (3") for low end preformance. It top end is your gold the the larger piped long tube headers would be the one to consider. There is a ponit were you can get the pipes too small or too large and your preformance will not be what you wanted.

I know everyone talks about the long tube headers with big pipes and collectors, but you may not need or want that depending on what kind of preformance you're looking for. . . .

I would suggest you shop around, do a little checking with some experts on exhausts systems then make your decission.

Again, the "Shorties" really aren't headers and if you're looking for any kind of preformance you need to good the long tube route not the short route :thumbsup:

I hope this helped a little. . . . I'm on my 4th set of headers so I learned the ($$$$$$$$$$$$) way :rolleyes:

Later,

Cecil Davis
German American Corvette Club
of Baden-Wurttemberg
Heidelberg, Germany
:cheers:

·
Banned
591 Posts
I thought the length of the header was matched to where you want your power.
top end VS. mid VS. low end:huh:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,418 Posts
Cecil is right. Go with the long tubes. The performance gains will not be drastic but every little bit helps

·
Registered
367 Posts
A lot of people go with the shorties because their a lot easier to lnstall and remove. With long tubes you have to cut off part of the stock exhaust. Shorties are basically bolt on. If you want to make if easier to go back to a stock set up go with the shorties. Long tubes will give you more power though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts