Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LGM Pro LT Headers

Votes: 8 100.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on a heavy mod kick since buying my '04 C5! I haven't been able to stop myself from getting all the typical go-fast bolt-ons (Borla Stingers, Magnaflow X-pipe, Blackwing, NGK Iridiums, MSG 8.5mm wires, Hypertech 180 thermostat with fan controller, High Flow Air Duct, and ...... ) Is there a cure for this? or does it just get worse? :laughing:

As you can tell by my recent Poll regarding short shifters that will be my next mod (tough choice between the Hurst and B&M at this point). :huh:

Now I'm looking at long tube headers. The FLP and LGM both appear to be excellent choices at basically the same price. Is there a real difference between the two in terms of quality and performance?

For those that have the long tube headers - which do you prefer and why - or is there yet another viable option worth consideration?

Thanks! Mike :partyon:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
"my name is Mike,and i'm a modoholic".:laughing:
i don't have any yet,i was going to go with the FLP,but iv'e read a few people are having problems with the new batch as well,i think now i would go with Grizzly or LGM.ceramic coated of coarse.not sure on the price, when i want a certain item bad enough,i will just buy it.:laughing: check the "s.e.m.a." mods page.it's a list(very long)of parts that are legal for smog, and street and warranties etc.....i would link you,but it's in one of my vette magazines and i'm to lazy to look through the recent ones,i will look tomorrow.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Todd - no kidding. I've had sports cars before but I've never had the "mod bug" as bad as I have it now with this C5! The dealership didn't warn me about this :laughing: Each time I add a series of mods to the car - it just gets better and better - very addictive.

I've read a few recent posts about the quality problems that FLP was experiencing and their attempts to remedy them and keep their customers happy. We'll see.

Personally, I'm really impressed with the LGM product, but am now considering Doug Rippie Motorsports (DRM) headers. I heard mixed comments about the TPIS headers - enough to not want to seriously consider them at this time. Hopefully, this poll will get more feeback from actual users.

Thanks for looking up the s.e.m.a information for me. I definitely appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Mike

B

·
0 Posts
Go with LGM headers. There new LT headers are supposed to be awesome.

FLP headers are made by TPIS for FLP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've made my decision and will go with the LG Pro LT Headers. However, I don't plan to go down the H/C path any time soon.

What kind of hp/tq improvement can I expect with a stock LS-1 engine that already has the Donaldson Blackwing air intake and Borla Stingers/Magnaflow X-pipe exhaust? 15, 20, 25?? Will this mod require an LS-1 Edit to keep the engine running right (too rich or too lean)?

B

·
0 Posts
You will almost always pick up 20-30 horsepower and about the same in the torque department by slapping on long tube headers on every chevy small block. The amount will vary based on your computer tune. I would recommend getting a computer tune after the headers to maximize your gains and to make sure your AFR is at the right spot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
Go with LGM headers. There new LT headers are supposed to be awesome.

FLP headers are made by TPIS for FLP.
No they're not. Our headers are our very own design and are entirely different than the TPIS header... or any other header for that matter. Our header kit is the only complete kit out there. No cutting or welding is required and our header system is the only system that comes with cats and off-road pipes as part of the package. The use of the v-flange/v-clamp allows you to switch between cats and off-road pipes in about 15 minutes.

1997-2004 LS1/LS6 C5... 1.75 inch long tube headers with a true 3 inch collector, 2.5 inch intermediate pipes, 2.5 inch off-road pipes, 2.5 inch x-pipe (all ceramic coated by Jet Hot), 2 high flow cats, bolts, gaskets, band clamps, and v-clamps.

In response to the problem that we had with our headers, that was over 7 months ago and has been fixed. The quality control process has been improved. We have sold over 300 sets of our C5 headers before that problem developed and we have sold 200 sets since the problem was resolved. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the TPIS LT header system - and hated them - worst purchase i made - i then bought FLP system - and love them - no leaks - good power - easy to take on/off cats for track use, look good and fit good, install was pretty easy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my LG's never cease to amaze me. No regrets, no problems, PLENTY of torque, and a great sound. :thumbsup:

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
I like the LGM exhaust, But I also found the Dynatech supermaxx exhaust. Both have very long tube headders but the dynatech system has high flow cats for only $1395.95. The LGM system with random tech high flow cats at the cheapest I've been able to find is $1995.00. Heres some pics of the dynatech system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts