Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of long tube headers will give me the most horsepower increase for my money. I have the LS2 engine in my 2005 Coupe with the 4 speed A/T
I have the Borla Stinger exhaust and the Halltech CAI.
I'd like to have a realistic 450 HP. How can I achieve that HP rating without changing heads and cams.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Doc:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
This type of question usually turns into quite a discussion :spanked: I'm not an expert but it seems that all give similar performance numbers, at least on the dyno. I went with Kooks only because a certain vendor was having a group purchase deal on them at the time. As far as performance, I gained up to .3 and 3 mph in the 1/8th from my 1 3/4" Kooks headers. I'm still extremely happy with those gains.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do either of you remenber how difficult the installation was? What about the cost for labor?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
A stock LS2 can produce around 450 crank hp with LT headers, metal matrix cats, full exhaust, air bridge/filter, and dyno tune. A mild cam would definately put you over that mark and is really not that extreme of a mod. LG, Kooks, Dynamaxx, and others make very good headers. Just make sure to install long tube headers and not shortys, and also to get a good dyno tune with reduced torque management. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
What brand of long tube headers will give me the most horsepower increase for my money. I have the LS2 engine in my 2005 Coupe with the 4 speed A/T
I have the Borla Stinger exhaust and the Halltech CAI.
I'd like to have a realistic 450 HP. How can I achieve that HP rating without changing heads and cams.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Doc:D
American Racing Headers (ARH) !

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
What cam and kit would you suggest, keeping the stock torque converter?:partyon:
LG has a good cam selection for the LS2 to go along with the headers. Their G2 cam will help you breath a bit better without being extreme. Full exhaust (including cats), a G2 cam, and an intake of your choice (along with a good tune) should get you there. Depending on which ones you choose, I would say you will hit 460 FWHP, getting you near or over 400 at the wheels.
That would definitely be a kick to drive.

·
Registered
232 Posts
well i dont know if you know this but LG lont tube headers are actualy made by borla. i think paired with the borla stingers they will have the best results!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Whats up Cecil!!!Ever find out whats up with yours?
Ed,

How you doing ? Thanks for all your support tuning our Club Member's Cars. Great job ! As for my Vette we checked the compress in number 4 and it only had 2.5 compression reading. I called "Henrik's Performance Racing Engines" and he's is gonna check it out and do the repair work for me. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts