Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy parting out a 1994 Trans Am, so my brother and I brought some tools and yanked out this T56 six speed! :partyon:

Any information that will help me get this trans in my 80' would be appreciated! My engine is an early Chevy small block stroker engine.

Also grabbed the Headlight actuators with the lift arms. :thumbs:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Saweeet, I'm in on this one...I'd love to do the same someday.

First things that come to mind is the master cylinder.

My understanding is that the bellhousing bolt pattern is the same.

Is your car manual or auto....your probably aware the Auto cross member is removable although there could have been changes between years)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your Corvette looks sweet. Where are the big pics?
Thanks Guys! I should have mentioned that I have a 4 speed in now and I want to install a hydraulic clutch also. :thumbsup: My crossmember is removable.

Thanks Patrick, Here's a few.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Beatiful!

Talk to Josh about the Clutch, i know he makes them :) thats where i got mine at lol. Also, if i remember correctly, he should have some KILLER LIGHTS conversions as well for those actuators ;) got a pair in my garage as well right now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
:thumbsup:Great link Metalkid!

Mike.....your avatar doesn't do that car justice:thud:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
:

:agree::agree::agree:

Yes your avatar doesn't do it justice, Your ride is killer, and with the T56, that will
make it even more fun to drive. Congrats on the craigs list find, I hardly ever see
anything worth while looking at on craigs list.

Riggs.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:thumbsup:Great link Metalkid!

There, I changed it. Any better? :laughing:

She's definitely much more impressive in person. Especially when I rumble into a gas station. :surprised

Thanks for the links. I'm trying to plan out the install, so any info would be great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sweet find on the transmission, and double score grabbing the electric actuators too!! Those actuators are on my to-do list lol.

Just out of curiousity, what do you have for rear suspension?

·
Registered
607 Posts
There, I changed it. Any better? :laughing:

She's definitely much more impressive in person. Especially when I rumble into a gas station. :surprised

Thanks for the links. I'm trying to plan out the install, so any info would be great! :thumbsup:

getting there:D

The best/worst thing about our cars is we have to rumble into a lot of gas stations:D

"Yeah, I've done some T-56 research!"

Metalkid, in you looking around have you any info on the Th400 output shaft yoke?
they mentioned the th350 yoke fits the T56....does this differ from the TH400?

another question:
I find a lot of T56's being sold without a bellhousing.....in the link posted, where do you think the adapter plate and housing were sourced from?

Liam.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet find on the transmission, and double score grabbing the electric actuators too!! Those actuators are on my to-do list lol.

Just out of curiousity, what do you have for rear suspension?
I have the VBP Full Performance Plus suspension (double mounted rear spring) with 9" spring bolts and VBP offset trailing arms.

I think I got a really good deal on the parts, $750 for the trans and $30 for both headlight actuators. :D

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Mike, that 6spd looks real good as does your engine.

With that great article bt Metalkid you should have

a much easier time with the install.

BTW, the Vette is looking real good, like the stripes.

Nice price on the pieces.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mike, that 6spd looks real good as does your engine.

With that great article bt Metalkid you should have

a much easier time with the install.

BTW, the Vette is looking real good, like the stripes.

Nice price on the pieces.
Thanks! Maybe with the six speed I'll be able to afford the gas. :laughing: I have a 370 rear and right now I'm pushing 3,000 rpms at 60 mph.

Yeah, I read over that article and theres's some differences, but it's pretty good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thanks! Maybe with the six speed I'll be able to afford the gas. :laughing: I have a 370 rear and right now I'm pushing 3,000 rpms at 60 mph.

Yeah, I read over that article and theres's some differences, but it's pretty good. :thumbsup:
Ahhh... that sounds exactly like my car back when I had my stock TH350 lol. The upgrade to the 700r4 made an AMAZING difference... I can only imagine what the 6 speed will do for you! Its a great feeling being able to pass people on the highway lol Nevermind the fact that a 6 speed will be just so damn fun to drive! :partyon:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ahhh... that sounds exactly like my car back when I had my stock TH350 lol. The upgrade to the 700r4 made an AMAZING difference... I can only imagine what the 6 speed will do for you! Its a great feeling being able to pass people on the highway lol Nevermind the fact that a 6 speed will be just so damn fun to drive! :partyon:
:agree:

I believe the ratios go like this:

1st 2.66
2nd 1.78
3rd 1.30
4th 1.00
5th 0.74
6th 0.50

370 rear
275/40 ZR17 tires

1 - 20 of 28 Posts