Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the cd on my delco bose system in my 93 is making a buzzing noise and wont play the cd's, is there a cd changer that i could hook to the factory system and bypass the stock cd player but work from the factory controls.....6 or 12 disk, either one will do. if so does anyone have one for sale

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
RichardP said:
the cd on my delco bose system in my 93 is making a buzzing noise and wont play the cd's, is there a cd changer that i could hook to the factory system and bypass the stock cd player but work from the factory controls.....6 or 12 disk, either one will do. if so does anyone have one for sale
Do you want the multiple disc capability? If not, the same money could get your head unit fixed/replaced, and keep you from having to do any wiring.

Also, you can then put in whatever CD you want, and not have to add it to the magazine in the changer (which would require stopping the vehicle).

Lastly, buzzing is not necessarily the CD player, they usually work, or don't work. Bose Gold amps (there are 4, one per speaker) are known to fry/die, as well as the head units. I do recall that one symptom is buzzing or humming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the buzzing noise only sounds when i put a cd in the slot...other wise the radio and tape work fine...i wouldnt mind multiple disk, actually i can put the cd's i want to hear, or what are some of the prices to just get what i have fixed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The CD in my 93 is shot also. I plan to put a FM modulated changer in the compartment behind the passenger seat. Looking at my service manual, all the wiring I need is already back there. I like the stock look of the Bose. Like Patrick said you can get your head unit fixed for around $150. Since I got my new exhaust I haven't thought about the radio much!!!:partyon:

·
Registered
44 Posts
MAN i thought i was the only unlucky person :p
my CD is hung inside and wont come out :""""(
and i get ERR most of the time so i cant even enjoy listinng to it ..
i wanna a whole new one.. just like the factory one but where would i get it !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have been told if you remove the unit and send it to Eclkers they will service the unit and it will be as good as new...think thats what i wanna do....gonna keep this vette all original...it only has 14,000 miles on it.....1993 40th anniv.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
RichardP said:
i have been told if you remove the unit and send it to Eclkers they will service the unit and it will be as good as new...think thats what i wanna do....gonna keep this vette all original...it only has 14,000 miles on it.....1993 40th anniv.
I think that's a good decision!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts