Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2002 ZO6 that has had some rear end noise for a while now. Turns out its the ring & pinion gear. Ive been trying to locate one here in Orlando and have had no luck! Im looing for the stock set up 342 gear. Any suggestions? Or does anyone have one to sell?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello everyone, I have a 2002 ZO6 that has had some rear end noise for a while now. Turns out its the ring & pinion gear. Ive been trying to locate one here in Orlando and have had no luck! Im looing for the stock set up 342 gear. Any suggestions? Or does anyone have one to sell?
Are you positive it's the R&P? Alot of rearend noise is cured by changing the fluid. Alot of guys use Royal Purpel synthetic with great success. I don't know the details of your issue, but I'd try new fluid before blowing the bucks on the whole rearend.

Try all the other Corvette forums and do a google search too, I see the 3.42's for sale alot. All the vette aftermarket catalogs carry them too. Just make sure you get the Z06 version, I think there is a small difference in design, but not positive. Something to be sure to check out when dealing $$.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Could be Bearings perhaps

Raise the rear. Grab the tire at 12 and 6 o'clock and pull and push as hard as you can. any movement makes bearings suspects. Check each side.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
LOL you got me :smack I was expecting a misplaced personal add haha

yea, I would check the bearings, and check the condition of the fluid as well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Always a few for sale in the classifieds (check other Corvette forums too) and through Corvette-specific salvage. I just picked one up with 8K miles for $550.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
There's a plethora of sources listed to the left of your screen. Just look left!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts