Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
update---Looking for an alignment shop in Chicago south suburbs

Can anyone recommend an alignment shop for my 78 in the south suburbs of Chicago. I called a few places but not sure if they "really know how to do a C3 alignment. Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update-Chicago area alignment shop

I stopped in the Firestone by my house today to ask them if they would be able to do the alignment on my 78. The guy said "let me go check the machine, I'm not sure if it goes back that far". He came back and said "yes the machine says we can do it". So I asked him if he had experience with the shims and that I would give him SS shims to use. He said "we only have one size shim and we can't use yours because it would not be under warranty". $129.00 I said OK I'll think about it and ran out the door.
I then called 59 Auto in Plainfield IL and talked to one of the owners and he knew from the get go how to align the C3 and how to shim. $60 for front $89 for 4 wheel. He said he would check the 4 wheel and let me know if he needed to touch the rear.
Has anyone ever gone to 59 Auto in Plainfield? They seem like they know what they're talking about.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went to Addison Wheel Alignment - 720 W. Lake St. - Addison, IL 60101 630-543-3042
I think Gary is more than capable of taking care of a C3. Give him a call. Many in Chgo area use him. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
3,083 Posts
I had mine c3 done at addison shop he did a great job and knows corvettes *********** give him a call *

first time in years that I did not have to fight the turns :laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts