Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am looking to buy new tires for my 85 Corvette. I was wondering what everyone else has for tires and what tires I should get and where I should get them. I am looking for a good tire that is reasonably priced. If you have any good ideas I would really appreciate the advice.

Thank you for your help in advance. :partyon:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
What sizes? Stock? If you are going stock I would recommend Kumo tires. They are a good looking tire that runs smooth and offers nice traction.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
I run Michelin Pilot Sports on my 92. They have a great ride, awesome handling but like all performace tires they wear out quickly.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yokohama Tires YK520 seires tire sports touring.

This is a 60000 mile tire about $120.00 each When I purchased my set they had a $100.00 rebate on them when you purchased a set of 4.

If you like me using stock rims it hard to find a tire thats fit a 16 inch rim.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am also running stock size and found some reasonably priced tires called "Mirada Sport GTX". It turns out these are actually made by Yokohama....and I think they ride better than the Kumho's that came on the car when I bought it three years ago.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I am going stock and the size is 255/50/16. I am currently trying to find the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport, but no one in the Phoenix area has them. I really appreciate the help from everyone and I will definitely look into the tires that everyone has suggested.

Thank you everyone for the Help. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Try TireRack.com. They'll deliver them, UPS, right

to your house.. They delivered my Yokos and they even

have installers all over the US.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a set of BF gforce KD's 275's up front and 315s out back mounted on "Deep dish" Zr1 replicas I got the tires on ebay a few years back for a really good price unused

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree about the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport. I have been calling everywhere and nobody has them because they are on back order.:thud: I have been shopping around and I think I am going to get a set of Falken Ziex ZE-512. Thank you everyone for the help. I really appreciate the help that you have all provided. :partyon:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the Falken Azenis on my car and have been really happy with them so far, but they are a soft compound and probably wont last long.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the Falken Azenis on my car and have been really happy with them so far, but they are a soft compound and probably wont last long.

Erikv79 I am happy to hear you like your tires. I am pretty sure that is what I will most likely get for my car. Thank you for your information and help. I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dan,

Thanks again for all your help I really appreciate it. I had the tires put on today, and they feel great. I am really happy with them. Thanks for everything, and like I said next time your beverage of choice is on me. :cheers:

Frank :partyon:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Dan,

Thanks again for all your help I really appreciate it. I had the tires put on today, and they feel great. I am really happy with them. Thanks for everything, and like I said next time your beverage of choice is on me. :cheers:

Frank
No prob, great meeting ya! Glad you could put the tires to use.

You'll have to get out here sometime when Spiderpat is down, we usually do some grilling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts