Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 89 Greenwood Vette at a used car dealership for $6900 the car is clean and has the dash emblem with the Greenwood Motorsports serial # looks to be a nice car and runs good. It also has a box of documents from Greenwood but I really did not look through it. Other than a full body kit, wing, and 3 piece wheels was the engine upgraded? I know its not stock from what I can see like headers, intake hose, injectors, and so on but it also has a cam due to the way it idles. It pulls pretty strong when I took it out for a test drive. The dealership does not have any history on the car so I dont know what the other mods are and who did it. it looks well kept for a 71k mile car with original paint. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Can't find any actual production numbers, but there weren't many G-series cars produced. Personally, I'd say it's a good buy if it's in good shape if authentic.

P.S. Does that number read "G-89010?" If so, I assume that's number 10 in the series for 1989.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does read G-89010 It looks and runs good but im not crazy about that really heavy subwoofer/ amp setup in the back. Thats gotta go. I can put something together that will sound better, look better and take less space. I like the car but just dont want to get into another nightmare like my 79 where I ended up taking EVERYTHING apart and building it from the ground up! had to sell my C5 to build my 79:crazy:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
From what I have read, an authentic Greenwood will have some unique frame and suspension modifications, but I would imagine that they are unlikely to need replacement. Even if it has custom adjustable A-arms, that's not a normal wear item. I'd be tempted to clean it up, get that horrendous stereo out of there, and just maintain it.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That's pretty cool I didn't know they had a special edition I thought it was always just a bolt on kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts