Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other night on the way home the car had a massive miss. The left bank recorded over 1000 misses over about a mile drive. I parked it, it sat for about two weeks as I got around to ordering the fuel filter and replacing the wires plugs and fuel filter. The GM service manual said a P0300 could be caused by a fuel filter and pointed out injectors and coils if you have other codes.

I just cranked it up, still have a miss, infact it also reports a Po307 which the scantool software calls a #7 miss. the car has a horrible knock. Gonna do a compression check but not looking good for the home team.

Who's replaced a engine before? I didnt budget for this.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
:thud: Sorry to hear this..Good luck, I hope it's not the engine.

ZEP

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just pulled the #7 plug, its black and soaked. Obviously not firing, so I'm gonna do a compression check and replace the plugs again.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You may need to pull the valve cover (spring)

But it probably chomm'd a ring

·
Registered
45 Posts
injector

You might need to look at that injector If it is malfunctioning it could soak that cylinder and the knocking could be hydra-locking where it can not compress the fuel.Sorry to hear about your engine but I thinking you need a new LS7

·
Banned
591 Posts
A leakdown test probably will tell you quite a bit more than a compression test

Good Luck !

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I was gonna say that at least it happened in the winter time but I see that you don't get much of a winter were you live. That sucks. I did happen to see this new LS1 at the dealer for $5000 bucks the other day.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
hehehe I used my broken valvespring and the subsequent minor piston damage to build a 550 rwhp 402 LS2....and I am sure we can both sell our old shortblocks/longblocks given the market for the LS series engines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I feel your pain! I just completed a 417CI motor for my 2008 C6 that was not in the budget! I'm really happy with the new motor but it was expensive! Good luck keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Results of compression test?
Results of leak down test?
Did you pull the heads yet?
Pictures when you do...

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I was gonna say that at least it happened in the winter time but I see that you don't get much of a winter were you live. That sucks. I did happen to see this new LS1 at the dealer for $5000 bucks the other day.

Pfft, who needs a stock LS1 for 5k when you can build one :D and make more power :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
My son just wrecked (totalled) his 2000 Firebird Formula. The drivetrain is in perfect condition and only has 48000 miles on it. The LS1 is in perfect condition and he's looking to part it out. I'll make a killer deal because he just graduated from college and needs money. PM me if interested. If not....then good luck with the repairs and I hope they're minor.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I havent gotten to do the compression check yet. I am dealing with some medical issues. Changing the filter the other day about killed me due to whatever condition I have. Im still waiting on test results from the doctor too.

once I have something I will post up

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I havent gotten to do the compression check yet. I am dealing with some medical issues. Changing the filter the other day about killed me due to whatever condition I have. Im still waiting on test results from the doctor too.

Well, I wish you a speedy recovery bud

Bon

·
Registered
2,347 Posts

Hope you recover fast and 100% :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts