Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made mine from scrap aluminum around the garage. should of done it sooner. it came out kinda rough, and I still need to fab up some center supports for it, but so far it was just spare crap I had lying in the garage,

my car was missing pretty much all the front factory air dam stuff, only the 2 side pieces were left , and after trying to find all the parts and stuff, I just decided to hammer out my own. hope yall like. ill post another pic when I make the center supports.

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Looks good. Much cheaper than that BMAD too. I have a fiberglass spoiler on mine with an aluminum one for my intercooler or I'd be doing that.:cheers:

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
That has to be good for at least a 10 degree drop in water temp., you were missing the original center piece, right? Looks pretty good to me.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
...after trying to find all the parts and stuff, I just decided to hammer out my own.
Hmm......I replaced mine a few years ago and bought all 3 peices at the dealership. Believe it or not they were the cheapest I found, of course they give me parts at cost. :partyon:

Nice work! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, my car was missing the whole middle section of the air dam, along with all the bolts, the support bar, and the tray leading to the radiator, along with some stuff I probly diddnt even know I was missing.

just got back from lowes, got all the parts I need to fab up 3 ajustable struts - a center, and 2 sides. spent $18 on all parts needed.

and yes the car ran hot always on the highway. this thing should scoop some serious air to the radiator now. - as a side benifit, my 84 has a cold air intake mounted in the hood, so now more cool air will be forced up in to that and in to my engine :thumbsup:

you can see the air duct between my headlights, it runs back to the rubber gromets that seal up to my CF intake

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update on this project, - I added my 3 center supports. made of threaded rod and connectors to bolts. heres a pic,

then painted the air duct black so it "blends in" - actually I painted it black because its still not quite the right size, and is buckling due to that, but
its eazy to hide in black, here are finished photos.

you can see how it blends in much better now.
$18 total in this project. :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Looks good dude! And I really like those wheels as well.

you say the ducting in your hood helps cool the engine, so I assume that you've cut the hole out in the rad support as well and put a gasket on it? If not, I have a picture I can show you. It makes a big difference.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
That looks absolutely sweet, the rods give it a meaner appearance.

I had put off redoing my air dam, ever since I put in the debris shield. I should get back into it and use your threaded rod idea.

:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts