Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the best wheel fitment to create the biggest lip and lowest offset disk profile. From all the pictures i've seen, the largest is around 4 inches? Are people just buying catalog wheels, because no one seems to list their offsets at all.
19x9.5 / 20x11 staggered 3pc superlow disk reverse lip; is what i'm trying to find.

like these two cars, but a lot more lip:
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4325/dsc3111900aw2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/AbsolutHank/XCCWT10013.jpg <i believe he's a forum member.
those wheels have lip, but not large enough. looks to be around a +20 offset.

i'm mostly a 240sx car owner; on our cars, we would run 18x10 -10 to create a 5 inch lip to fit FLUSHED with our body.

is there a ballpark range for corvette's too?

maybe i should just contact these wheel manufacture. but sometimes they're not always right.

maybe because it's the design of the car, if offset was any lower, it would hit the TC arms and inner fender well?

HRE, iforged, ccw, etc. i dont deal with cheap wheels.

thanks, kinda new here. looking for wheels for a friend. :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Remember

You have to remember that one of the reasons the offset may not be givin is because these wheels are made to order per the vehicle specified. Iforged makes the wheel on the black C6, so they will make whatever offset fits best for the application.

I dont know the owner, but since the factory z06 wheel is 12 inches wide. You can take a guess that these are between 12 and 13" (maybe 13.5 if they make it) wide for the rear. The front is pretty deep also, so minimum 10 inches wide in the front. Although i think its 11 inches wide in the front.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i understand that these companies can make any offsets. but the buyer has to know the offset he/she wants. I laugh when people goes to places and say "i want so and so on my car"
When i buy wheels, i'd say "i want 18x10.5 +15 wheels for my car."

i'll just contact iforged or ccw. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Good luck

Good luck, hopefully they can get you what you want, and dont forget to post pics when you are done.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i understand that these companies can make any offsets. but the buyer has to know the offset he/she wants. I laugh when people goes to places and say "i want so and so on my car"
When i buy wheels, i'd say "i want 18x10.5 +15 wheels for my car."

i'll just contact iforged or ccw. thanks guys.
I think that the real question is. what kind of fenders you are planning on using since you want a very deep dish on your wheels. :cheers: :buhbye:

·
Registered
411 Posts
stock offsets (on c5's) are very high, in the +50 region on the c5's, which doesn't allow for very much lip, by design.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We can work with you and your lip needs. Our engineers will be able to accomodate most requirements.

Our offsets are determined on a per vehicle basis. For this reason we dont really publish offsets for specific models. Our lip sizes are determined by pad height, susp mods, body alterations, bbk upgrades etc.

Let me know if you need any more info.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Iforged

I think that may be the iforged emotion.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Guys PLS I NEED FOR YOUR HELP!!

is there any one know this wheels size off the Black vette ?
cause i have c6 with Z06 body (i keep my OEM brake cause i want get bigger lip than stock Z06)

i paid $6040 on aftermarket wheels:crazy: but the wheels dealer got wrong in my ordere now i will reorder but i need for biggest lip size (i wish i can go with 5 lip rear )

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It took awhile but i found the owner, kind of by accident. Here are the specs of the car.

2005 Corvette
6 Speed Manual
Z51
Heads Up Display
Mods
Patriot Heads 2.055/1.60 Valves, Double Springs
Comp 231/237 .589/.595 112 Camshaft
ASP Under Drive Pulley
Haltech Stinger
Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Off Road 3" X Pipe
B&B Bullet Exhaust, Quad tips
Corbeau CR1 Racing Seats and 4 Point Harness's
Vettworks "Shark Bar" Harness Bar
Iforged Essen Wheels, Black Center, Polished Lip
19x10 275/30/19 (fronts) 20x12.5 342/25/20 (rears)
Z06 Front Fascia, Front Fenders, Rear Fenders
Lowered ~2" All Around, All Bushings Cut

1 - 15 of 15 Posts