Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part number and manufacturer for the lower radiator hose that has the spring in it? I have a '79 with a small block.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just ordered one from Dewitts last night! I've had problems in the past getting lower radiator hoses with the spring in it. :cheers:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has the part# for the lower hose with the spring?? I had to cut mine during my engine swap, went back to O'reillies and the one he had didn't have a spring :crazy: ......advanced nore autozone did either. The last one I bought CAME from O'rellies...

Before I try to order it from a corvette supplier I want to keep trying local...:thumbsup:

EDIT: Just found out from o'reillies, gates sent out a memo that the newer generation of hoses will not have springs because they change the formulation of the rubber and there isn't a need for the spring anymore. The rubber is supposed to be thicker and more resistant to collapsing.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has the part# for the lower hose with the spring?? I had to cut mine during my engine swap, went back to O'reillies and the one he had didn't have a spring :crazy: ......advanced nore autozone did either. The last one I bought CAME from O'rellies...

Before I try to order it from a corvette supplier I want to keep trying local...:thumbsup:
#70863 Dayco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts