Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone post a pic of a lower radiator hose for a 69 to a 74 BB car. Trying to get an idea of what I need to look for. My next option is to install some of those flexible hoses, I don't care for the corrugated type hoses, just don't think they will flow the volume they need to.

Neal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can just by the preformed lower hose
I tried that a while back when I had the copper/brass radiator but could not find one that would work. I installed a aluminum radiator and the outlet is facing a different direction so I may be able to use a factory formed hose. I was thinking that one for a BB car would have to be close for my car. The parts houses will have to order one they don't stock these hoses.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I had a similar problem on my racer. I used two shorter hoses with a piece of aluminum tubing in between. mine came from NAPA...have one around you?? I can send you the numbers. you will have to tig a weld around the ends so the hose doesn`t slip off.
redvetracr

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had a similar problem on my racer. I used two shorter hoses with a piece of aluminum tubing in between. mine came from NAPA...have one around you?? I can send you the numbers. you will have to tig a weld around the ends so the hose doesn`t slip off.
redvetracr
Thats very similar to the stock set-up on my BB. Hose, then metal hose coupler then hose....If I could find my camera, I'd take a pic....

Here is what the metal hose coupler looks like

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing I could find to splice the hoses was a hose repair kit that includes plastic splice pieces, I do not trust these plastic pieces. When I removeed the hoses and dissassembled the hoses to inspect them the splice pieces were dissformed, this made me very uneasy about them. I looked for solid metal splices but did not find any. I will look for some or maybe make my owne.

redvettracer: We have a NAPA close by I will run by there and see what I can find. If you have teh part number I would like to have it.

VetteVolts: its hard to tell from the pic but that might work

SmokinBBC:I am using 2 couplers on the lower hose right now. I would feel alot better if they were metal with a raised ring so the hose can not slide off.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
redvetracr
They also sell connectors with flared ends

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
on my 71 small block adbanced auto order for me

·
Registered
959 Posts
You don`t say whose radiator you have or which way the outlet points, the Napa numbers are 7133 and 9062 and the piece of tubing is 1-3/4 X maybe 4" long with a weld around each end (so the hose doesn`t slip off). I know you can get them from Hoerr racing parts (HRPworld.com) but we made mine.
redvetracr

PS: make sure they give you some springs for inside the hoses

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
You don`t say whose radiator you have or which way the outlet points, the Napa numbers are 7133 and 9062 and the piece of tubing is 1-3/4 X maybe 4" long with a weld around each end (so the hose doesn`t slip off). I know you can get them from Hoerr racing parts (HRPworld.com) but we made mine.
redvetracr

PS: make sure they give you some springs for inside the hoses
:agree: Make sure you get springs

Most of us don't have a tig for aluminum though ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:agree: Make sure you get springs

Most of us don't have a tig for aluminum though ;)
Yea I have the stewart stage 4 pump on the way and am sure I will need springs in the lower hose.

I have access to a tig and have a mig at the house if I need it.

redvetteracer: Its a Tru-Kool form speedway motor (learned a lesson with them) the outlet is on the same angle as the radiator, when its mounted the outlet is streight out and angles in tward the center of the frame slightly.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Go to www.jagsthatrun.com he has a crapload of brass splices, Tees, and reducers made specifically for building custom radiator hoses. I'm sure you'll find what you need there. ;)

He made my life easier when I did my V8 swap in my S10

Good Luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks VetteGuy that helps out alot. I went to NAPA and was unable to find that type of splice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts