Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I figured I'd do a step by step of how to lower the rear of your car with pics for anyone who wants to do this.

Start by jacking up the rear of your car and placing it on jackstands.

Now place your jack under the spring near the bolt at the end of spring and release the spring tension on the bolt.

Remove the kotter pin and nut, then remove the bolt. Take note of how your bushings are on this bolt as you will reuse them.
Replace your stock bolt with the longer bolts ( I bought mine from Mid America)

Be sure to measure where you place the nut on the new bolt so you can match this on the other side.

Here it is with the new bolt now do your other side to match.

I was able to get almost an inch and a half below are the before and after shots.

Now last be not least RUN don't walk to the alignment shop. I threw my camber out a ton by lowering. Your tires will not last long if you don't get an alignment

·
Resident Metalhead
1,354 Posts
step 1: get knife
step 2: slash tires

that would lower it, but it wont be very driveable after the "mod":laughing:

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
mop423 said:
step 1: get knife
step 2: slash tires

that would lower it, but it wont be very driveable after the "mod":laughing:
That sounded like something, I would say!:laughing:

HEY STEVE! How about that lowering the front info!
Good stuff. I will definitley be doing it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Lowering the front.....

Remove the front spring.

Cut the spacers off the ends.

There are two rubber bushings near the middle, you had to remove the 4 bolts and then remove the mounting clamps when you took the spring out. Cut the bushings with a SAWZALL or whatever you like. Remove most the dampening side leaving a little bit of the rubber on, say about an 1/8th or 1/4". Whatever you feel comfortable with. Measure the side of the bushings not including the protrusion for the clamp. Cut the clamp to match the bushing. I eyeballed mine and cut the clamp a tad smaller then the bushing so I would be sure the little bit of rubber left would do some noise supression. Put it back together.

You are now on the ground.

Do a 4-wheel alignement.

Drive with pride in your newly slammed car as you get many compliments.

You will have new respect for driveways and speed bumps.

Cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Great info. I have done the rear but not the front yet. However I am raising up the car a little until I get the new rims and tires. If anyone cuts off the spacers on the front I would be interested in the ones that you cut off.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
8,599 Posts
:laughing:
"Cheapest way of lowering your car on all 4 corners? "

ICE PICK 4 tires came to mind :thud: :lookinup:

ITS A JOKE!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.