Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I lowered my 98 coupe about 5 months ago... I lowered it as far as I could in the back the grinded the bushings off in the front. My car has about 105K on it and I would bet these are the stock shocks... With that being said, i've noticed that bilsteins are only about 300 on eBay. Has anyone lowered and then gone to bilsteins...? When I driving and hit a bump....not only does my rear view mirror move, but it feels like the car is going to fall apart. In addition, it can sometimes be a bit bouncy... Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jesse

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Bilsteins won't save you, you'll still get the ass jolt and BOINGY BOINGY rebound from the rear and front from the shocks being overcompressed. It'll just be a slightly softer whack to your spinal cord. They'll also have a shorter lifespan.

Pfadt Coilovers
are $1,690 ... but you can slam it and glide cross country or get hardcore on the track with the easy adjustments ... no more bone jarring anything unless you want it that way.

I have them on the DC Z, and in a box for the DC C6.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey Jess , i have 98 too.Lowered it all that she would go and the ride went to sh!t , so i purchased bilstein shocks and still when i would hit a bump the car fills like she was going to pieces. I could not handle my car riding like a go-cart. I raised the car back to stock height and installed some 20s to kill the wheel well gap. Good Luck Bro

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
you'll still get the ass jolt
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey guys...

I lowered my 98 coupe about 5 months ago... I lowered it as far as I could in the back the grinded the bushings off in the front. My car has about 105K on it and I would bet these are the stock shocks... With that being said, i've noticed that bilsteins are only about 300 on eBay. Has anyone lowered and then gone to bilsteins...? When I driving and hit a bump....not only does my rear view mirror move, but it feels like the car is going to fall apart. In addition, it can sometimes be a bit bouncy... Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jesse
I recommend the following solution: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1720116&highlight=hypercoil

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Hey Jesse, I hear this modification makes the bumps feel WAY better!! :laughing:
now why the hell would anybody want to do that:WTF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts