Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has had this happen to there Vettes from being lowered more than an 1 1/5"

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yup. When I ran 315s on all four corners I got that much rubbing. I am also lowered around 2" or so. It never got worse than that though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. When I ran 315s on all four corners I got that much rubbing. I am also lowered around 2" or so. It never got worse than that though.
I have 275s up front, and I am at 25.5 inches up front. Hoping it wont really ruin anything besides geometry of the suspension.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine doesn't rub but I dont go rippin around too much.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Hawaii roads and my sometimes aggressive driving style has a little bit to do with the rubbing.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
69myway's old 85 Vette did that. I bought a hood from him he had on that car and it had the same marks on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Steve,

I had that problem with my VBP Sports System. I had to rise the front about 7/16 for it to stop rubbing the fender/hood.

The issue was that I installed 18" wheels 285/40ZR18 if I would use 285/35ZR18 it may no rub.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Steve,

I had that problem with my VBP Sports System. I had to rise the front about 7/16 for it to stop rubbing the fender/hood.

The issue was that I installed 18" wheels 285/40ZR18 if I would use 285/35ZR18 it may no rub.
I also had the VBP setup. This put the ar way down but the shocks and transverse spring was so stiff it did not rub. Ride was horrible on the street it would knock your fillings out.

Unfortunately I don't have the 94 any more.:(

·
Registered
120 Posts
I also had the VBP setup. This put the ar way down but the shocks and transverse spring was so stiff it did not rub. Ride was horrible on the street it would knock your fillings out.

Unfortunately I don't have the 94 any more.:(
Did you buy the "Extreme"? Mine is "Sports"

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have 275s up front, and I am at 25.5 inches up front. Hoping it wont really ruin anything besides geometry of the suspension.

Yeah mine is about that low.

315s

275s on the car never rubbed. Do you have the base suspension springs on your car?

I also run -2 degrees camber.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah mine is about that low.

315s

275s on the car never rubbed. Do you have the base suspension springs on your car?

I also run -2 degrees camber.
I have a ZO7 spring, 115 FHB up front from a Corvette Challenge car.
The rub picture is , I believe, from your car you took on another forum.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't think I've had any rubbing on mine. Haven't really checked in a while. I was running 295/35/17 slicks up front for autocross. Mine was just lowered with the standard lowering wedges.

This is just with my DD wheels and tires. Not sure if I have a good one with the slicks up front.

Only pic I could find showing the front tires...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think I've had any rubbing on mine. Haven't really checked in a while. I was running 295/35/17 slicks up front for autocross. Mine was just lowered with the standard lowering wedges.

This is just with my DD wheels and tires. Not sure if I have a good one with the slicks up front.

Only pic I could find showing the front tires...
The edges of your tires in the second pic show they go down further than my street tires.
What springs are you using?

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
Any long term damage anyone?
Mine has been rubbing for about 3 years now and has looked exactly like your picture for the past 3 years. I'm pretty low up front and i'm running 275's. No long term damage :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts