Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aloha,
does anyone have those rollers that attach to the front radiator support/skid plate.and do they work at all?thanks.:smokin:
 

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
aloha,
does anyone have those rollers that attach to the front radiator support/skid plate.and do they work at all?thanks.:smokin:
Todd, to tell you the truth, chances are that you wont have very much responces because they probebly dont know what your talking about, heck you've told me about those things a long time ago and I've still not seen any of those things any where.
But I hope I'm wrong and somebody will reply cause I'd like to try to fabricate a set for my car.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Lowered cars please look in!

Hawaiian Punch said:
Todd, to tell you the truth, chances are that you wont have very much responces because they probebly dont know what your talking about, heck you've told me about those things a long time ago and I've still not seen any of those things any where.
But I hope I'm wrong and somebody will reply cause I'd like to try to fabricate a set for my car.
there out there theres a couple places i have seen them.we can definatly fabricate some for you car.:thumbsup:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,222 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Lowered cars please look in!

hawaii-5-lo said:
there out there theres a couple places i have seen them.we can definatly fabricate some for you car.:thumbsup:
Monster.... monster garage....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
stilcrazee said:
Try Andy at A&A Corvette

http://www.aandacorvette.com/

He makes those and rocker savers that are great on lowered cars, he's a heck of a nice guy too!!
:agree: Andy is the originator and has the best deals. Before he lowered his prices I made my own, guys liked them so much, i sold over 150 sets to fellow Corvette enthusiasts. I also made the rocker rails, they work great too!!!
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aloha blown Z06,
i like your car,was looking at the pictures.the reason i ask the question is because i lowered the car by cutting the rubber off the front bushing,(a year and a half ago)today i said screw it,went in and took the bolts out period.it needs the rollers.i can make the frame saver myself out of aluminum.i was looking at some wheels at work,but not sure if there strong enough.how far did you go in on the front spring?cut bushings?:smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
aloha blown Z06,
i like your car,was looking at the pictures.the reason i ask the question is because i lowered the car by cutting the rubber off the front bushing,(a year and a half ago)today i said screw it,went in and took the bolts out period.it needs the rollers.i can make the frame saver myself out of aluminum.i was looking at some wheels at work,but not sure if there strong enough.how far did you go in on the front spring?cut bushings?:smokin:
I cut my front bushing the same amount as you. I also cut 1 1/2" off my front air dam so it really doesn't scrape anymore than it did at stock height. I used a neoprene rubber wheel with a good set of bearings. I have some pics of my prototype savers with some dimensions on them. If you want them, e-mail me and I can send them to you. [email protected] :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey welcome PewterC5,
your car looks good too.i am going to order them on wed.i couldn't wait,so i jacked up the front and took the bolts out.now its low.had to do the back some more to get the stance right.how did you do your front?same way?
i also did what blownz06 did.trimmed about 1 1/2"of the center front spoiler,i also removed the side pieces.:smokin:
 

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
hey welcome PewterC5,
your car looks good too.i am going to order them on wed.i couldn't wait,so i jacked up the front and took the bolts out.now its low.had to do the back some more to get the stance right.how did you do your front?same way?
i also did what blownz06 did.trimmed about 1 1/2"of the center front spoiler,i also removed the side pieces.:smokin:
Ah! you caught on to the side piece removel thing huh?
 

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
Joined
·
1,265 Posts
Abnsteel06 said:
are they worth the money and do they work?
:partyon: :thumbsup:

:D :)
Aloha! I appoligise if this question was'nt directed towards me, but if your refearing to the rubber pieces being takin out at the ends of each side of the spring, no, no money, just time invested to do thats all.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, they work but to install them correctly you need to have them welded on. They actually work very well!!
yes,i would have welded them on anyways.i am going to do some metal work in that area to beef it up alittle and then fit the rollers in there.i completely removed the front bolts and the car is very low.i will be needing custom Bilsteins soon also.you guys carry the rollers?
thanks for everyones replys.:smokin:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top