Small coil springs

·
Registered
416 Posts
The front wheels where gray like the back ones

Hawk pads make a ton of dust

:laughing:
Car looks damn good,,,,,looks like you are on the money.... :thumbsup:

Take it out tomorrow night on the 4th, after dark,,,, get up to 60 plus mph, hammer the cheese graters,,, you'll have your own fireworks show,,,, scares the hell out of the cars around you....:devil:

·
Registered
855 Posts
looks good...but I must have missed the earlier thread. What does those little coil springs do around the bolt? Never seen nor heard of them before.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if I'll ever get a passenger side seat cover :laughing:

I have yet to order it

Just to clear it up daddy did buy the seats :D

I was also wondering how hard it was to repaint the rear diff and half shafts with it in the car. I figured I should do it while I was at it :smack

·
Registered
550 Posts
Took me less than 20 minutes to drop the whole rear end out... Much better approach. Replace the nuts bolts and washers with new. 30 year old critical fasteners are nothing to be racing with.

You can use a hole saw inthe rear deck to get after the 4 bolts that hold the diff to the crossmember and it is even easier.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Like it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
855 Posts
are those coil springs necessary because he lowered it or plans to race it? I know I have some free tension on the bolts when the car is jacked up...but its only like 1" on both sides and I am running 8" bolts also fully extended as my car is nice and low also. So does this function in the event the rear suspension should suddenly drop all the way to the bottom such as with a pot hole or maybe a very hard corner where the inner wheel would be extended?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not required at all

It just keeps the spring in place and hopefully it help it more predictable

It would make the suspension stay more consistent instead of the spring flapping up and down when going over bumps

·
Registered
959 Posts
think about a piece of tubing with some large OD washers welded to the ends or a piece of solid plastic with a hole bored through the center....
...redvetracr

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Exactly, just like a proper sway bar setup (well, proper given the use of bushings instead of rod ends), 2 washers and a sleeve or simply an extra nut, washer and cushion on some longer bolt like I did for a buddy, retains height adjustability without having to change sleeve length.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got 2 inch longer bolts

Went up a size to 5/8 also

They are only grade 5 though

Do you think I need grade 8? I think grade 5 5/8 is plenty strong enough

I don't have a mofawking 15/16 wrench so I can't even tighten them yet

1 - 20 of 21 Posts