Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to lower my vette this weekend when I replace the front Spring. I don't want it too low, but lower, should I install the wedges?

also where should I go to get it aligned once I have it lowered?

THANKS

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
I am going to lower my vette this weekend when I replace the front Spring. I don't want it too low, but lower, should I install the wedges?

also where should I go to get it aligned once I have it lowered?

THANKS
VetteWrench took me to a GoodYear that was about a mile from his shop. I bet Bubblehead knows what it's called. They did great work, treated my car with kid gloves. I told them they could pull the car in, and back it out. It wasn't to have a single click put on the ODO.

Anyway, the alignment was right on spec and it was a delight to carve corners.

And, if you don't do the wedges, I'd like them on my car!!!

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: lowering and Alignment questions>

Patrick96LT4 said:
VetteWrench took me to a GoodYear that was about a mile from his shop. I bet Bubblehead knows what it's called. They did great work, treated my car with kid gloves. I told them they could pull the car in, and back it out. It wasn't to have a single click put on the ODO.

Anyway, the alignment was right on spec and it was a delight to carve corners.

And, if you don't do the wedges, I'd like them on my car!!!
Mr Jims??

Also how else would I lower it if I don't use the wedges?

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Re: Re: Re: lowering and Alignment questions>

-=Jeff=- said:
Mr Jims??

Also how else would I lower it if I don't use the wedges?
Cut the top inch of the rubber bump stop (bushing?) on top of the lower control arm. Leave an 1/8th of an inch, and slather some white grease on it.

That method dropped my nose an inch. And, it's a free mod!

Now, I can use the wedges to go lower!

I compared my GS to the other GS's at Vettefest, my front and rear were 1.0" lower on average than the others.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Re: Re: lowering and Alignment questions>

Patrick96LT4 said:
Cut the top inch of the rubber bump stop (bushing?) on top of the lower control arm. Leave an 1/8th of an inch, and slather some white grease on it.
There is a Rubber bushing on the lower control arm?

I have the replacement spring and there is about 3/8 " of rubber on the bottom that mate to the Control arm. I always thought you had yto shave the top of the spring where it mounts to the car.

:huh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts