Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through my Ecklers catalog the other day lounging out on the couch, I saw a part called "Lowering Bolts" lowers the car inches.

I have worked on suspensions before and lowered a few cars in my garage for friends, but i have never heard of Lowering Bolts.

I'm sure this is only applicable to Corvette, so how do these work and the logic behind them? Would they destroy the handling like springs would to get a lowered look? Because that is what i would be worried about.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lowering bolts

Actually they lengthen the travlel of the spring and therfore lowers the ride. Only took a couple hours to do. I did both front and rear a couple weeks ago. And all I have to say is WOOOOOOOOOOOW. The car now sits where it should have been originally designed to. I am still letting it settle in before I tear up some corners but so far the handling FEELS like it has improved. JSUT WATCH OUT FOR THE ROAD KILL...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed lowering kit from west coast it looks great cant tell about improved performance , but the look alone is enough, must back into driveway now. What did improve my cars handling was install of Zo6 front and rear sway bars ,after that had to buy new tires ,and so on and on and on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts