Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys came home from school this weekend after hearing my lowering kit arrived from MAmotorworks. ive read all the tutorials on the board and know which one ill be using to help! question is about the spring retainers. Is there anything i can do to avoid having to cut them (i have the aluminum retainers)?
The instructions with the kit say *NOTE we have included 6 ABS shims to eliminate any gap or looseness in the spring retainer. but another bullitt in the instructions says that you will have to cut down the aluminum retainer. Like i said trying to avoid cutting them down at all costs, my dad will have a sh*t fit if he sees me doing that cause he's already sketchy about me lowering it. if anyone can give me some advice soon i would really appriciate it as im anxious to start it tomorrow (11/6/10)!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it definately seems like there is no way around it, and that maybe waiting till next weekend will be a better approach so i will have more time then one day. (went to NYC with the gf and still havent gotten home yet to start) what would you recomend as bieng the best epoxy to use on the wedges, the marine grade as this guy used?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts