Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the stickied threads and i'm pretty comfortable on how to do it. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow (Thursday) before Bloomington Gold. However, I was browsing through the mid america catalog and saw that for 84-87 it says besides the bolts an additional Spring Mounting Upgrade kit is required.

Have any of you that lowered your 84-87 vette do this? What is this that is required? Thanks for the help.

P.S. Also if i lower the front by cutting the bushings, am i going to need spacers?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I didn't lower the front of my car I liked the height already but in the back I just put in the longer bolts and that's it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The upgrade kit is required. Stock, the front spring bolts to the frame with a stamped steel bracket. It needs to be shortened, but can't be due to the fact that it would need to be rewelded. The upgrade kit is a heavy-duty cast aluminum that can be shortened quite easily, no welding required.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the upgrade needed is just for the front? so if i were to just lower the back for now I wouldn't need it? cuz i def. wouldn't get it before friday. haha.

but thanks for the info guys.

oh one more thing, this seems like a stupid question, but is the amount lowered on the bolt the amount lowered on the car? are they exactly proportional to each other? or is a little difference on the rear bolt a big difference in ride height

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I am going to say that the amount lowered is different than the bolt size. My bolts were about 1 1/2" longer than the stock bolts and I didn't use all that extra lenght but I lowered the rear of my car a tick more than 1 1/2"

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If just lowering the rear, all you need is the longer bolts :thumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright got er all done. appreciate all the info and advice you two. didn't go all out YET. Will drop it further in front and back as soon as i get parts needed for front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts