Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in spartanburg,sc and i'm wondering if there is anybody up by where i live that could lower my car for me because i got the bolts for the back but to me it's just not low enough i want to where you can barely fit 2 or at least 1 finger fit between the tire and the finder now i would do it myself i'm just not mechanically inclined i guess you would say and second i dont want to
f**k anything up.....thanks.Clint

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just get longer bolts. Handyman hardware can order them for you. Get the Nylock nuts and you can adjust it to be level. You won't screw anything up.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you want even lower, I know a company in Ohio take makes air ride setups just for C4 corvettes. Kinda pricey but you would be laying frame.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is your front low enough or do you want to lower that as well? because that is a little more complicated then just dropping the rear a bit. The rear is SUPER easy anyone can do it.

I just put in 12" bolts in the rear, I currently have about 2" of thread left to drop it lower - but right now, I can get one finger in the back. I bought the bolts and polylocks from Fastenal for $10.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i would like the front to go alittle lower as far as the back i did get longer bolts for the rear but the thing is it looks ok from a distance but once you get closer to the car to me it needs to go lower to give you a idea the way i would like my car to look... i would like it to look like muddpile's car or 1wizard's those look awesome.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i would like the front to go alittle lower as far as the back i did get longer bolts for the rear but the thing is it looks ok from a distance but once you get closer to the car to me it needs to go lower to give you a idea the way i would like my car to look... i would like it to look like muddpile's car or 1wizard's those look awesome.
do you have any pics cause i would like to see where the longer bolts go ive never looked on my car and i think i would like to lower it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts