Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 c4 ok everyone i bought vbp.coms sport springs and i but them on i left wedges off but it still looks high iz there bump stops or ne thing else i removed the rubbs off the top of the springs do i need to do ne thing else please help

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Do the new springs sit higher than the stock ones,can you post a pic of the spring you installed?heres what the c4's look like after i / we cut the rubber off the top of the springs and trim the brackets.To get the car this low,there should be no rubber at all on the springs,only rubber should be at the ends were they sit in the A-arms.I know it looks a little lower because the body kit,but look the the tire to fender gap,my 89 was this low also..This car is a 91.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i trim the bracket that holds the leaf up from the the bottom... do i but the rubber under the spring still

·
Registered
283 Posts
You need the rubber underneath. You'll have to use some washers on the 4 bolts prior to putting the nuts on. On my 95, there weren't enough threads on the bolts after cutting the aluminum brackets to butt up tight against the frame. Also, I removed some of the material on the ends of the spring, not making it shorter, the thickness of the ends of the spring where it lays on the control arm.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Exactly what cheetah said.I was going to save the rubber "ends" advise for my second reply,making sure you understood the first part,i also trim the ends,on the 91 we just removed them all to gether and sprayed some "spray can rubber" on the spots were the spring contacts the A-Arm..The fricken car(s) would carve corners like a go-cart..

trim the brackets in baby steps,the first c4 i slammed was my 89,and i trimmed the brackets to much and they snapped in half when i tightened them up.Had to get another set from the wrecking yard..

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I was going to reply, but these guys have it pretty much covered. My 84 has a very similar wheelgap to Hawaiian Punch's car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts