Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 40 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
You guys are pretty low too.

Z06 tires are wider,and a 1/2" shorter (overall diameter).So i had to go lower to close the added gap after changing from the run flats.

My long term goal is to put 19 front 20 rear.....without raising the car.Not a problem.Just need to reseach the tire diameters.This might suprise some.These are all rear tires.
Overall diameter + height of tire from top to bottom.

Eagle F1-GS (C5 RUN FLAT)...275/40/18..overall dia..27.7"

Eagle supercar tire (2003 zo6..which i have)..295/35/18..overall dia..26.1"

Michelin pilot sport..(note the 20" tire,is actually shorter than the 18 inch tire)...295/35/18..overall dia...26.2"......285/25/20[/]b..overall dia....25.6"....they also have a 30 series 20" tire that is 27" tall...got these specs off the tire rack site.You can see that when you go big tire,better know what dia your getting..

I'll see about the sticky thread...:cool:
I'm going to guess ALLKAR is the lowest..(body to ground/as well as wheel gap.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
You guys are pretty low too.

Z06 tires are wider,and a 1/2" shorter (overall diameter).So i had to go lower to close the added gap after changing from the run flats.

My long term goal is to put 19 front 20 rear.....without raising the car.Not a problem.Just need to reseach the tire diameters.This might suprise some.These are all rear tires.
Overall diameter + height of tire from top to bottom.

Eagle F1-GS (C5 RUN FLAT)...275/40/18..overall dia..27.7"

Eagle supercar tire (2003 zo6..which i have)..295/35/18..overall dia..26.1"

Michelin pilot sport..(note the 20" tire,is actually shorter than the 18 inch tire)...295/35/18..overall dia...26.2"......285/25/20[/]b..overall dia....25.6"....they also have a 30 series 20" tire that is 27" tall...got these specs off the tire rack site.You can see that when you go big tire,better know what dia your getting..

I'll see about the sticky thread...:cool:
I'm going to guess ALLKAR is the lowest..(body to ground/as well as wheel gap.....

Vetteret on the CF is just as low,mine will be the same soon!!!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
SlammedVette said:
Vetteret on the CF is just as low,mine will be the same soon!!!
Cool,what rim/tire package are you going to use.If i dropped another inch (which i can without coil overs),my tires would be rubbing the the fender,the top of the tire not the sides.The tire i have now is 26.1" tall,that leaves me almost a finger to stick in the gap.Another inch and the tire would be hella tucked in the well and rub the top inner fender.A mini-tub would be cool.I really can't go lower as our roads are filled with pot holes,some are deep enough so the body will hit as the tire goes in the pothole,and driveways on an island are steap and short.
I look like a drunk driver as i'm constantly dodging potholes and boulders that roll off the mountains into the highway near my house,my best thing to run over yet,was a alternator bracket from a truck.That made some evil sounds passing under the car.I couldn't change lanes,so just angled the car so as i hit the damn thing it would not gouge open my oil pan..:toilet

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
SlammedVette said:
19&20 Motorsports.I went from CCW 18" Classic package and my 19/20 combo is shorter diameter then the 18's.Allkar and Vettret both have 19/220 combo too.They just have I-forged and I have Motorsports.
Cool,your ready to go then.My fav rims are iForged aeros.
I like the aftermarket rocker panels ALLKAR has,it enhances the slammed look.
I'll be looking for your pics when your done..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Has anyone thought about doing a reverse spring mount? Mounting the spring under the front A-arm
like the rear. You would have to drill a hole through
the A-arm for the adjusting bolt. I would think that the spring would be tightend enough to ride close enough to the A-arm, so ground clearance should not be a problem.
24 to 24.5" ground to fender should be no problem
with this.
I'm not sure about the clearances (spring contacting the A-arm), but as soon as the weather warms I'm going to give it a try. Dropping over $2000 for coilovers to get that extra 1" sucks.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I had looked at that briefly.A while ago,it seemed that if the car would bounce,if the spring was on the bottom of the a-arm,but really can't tell.It's one of those things that would just need to be tested.
iI would like to see your results if you try it though.

I had thought about grinding the a-arm pad down,might be to weak.
I thought about making extension brackets,that would bolt to the alignment bolts (cam bolts i think),the a-arm could then drop down some,to much fabrication for something that might not work anyway.Then alignment would be a pain.
I thought about taking my stock a-arms to a machine shop,and having some tubular steel a-arms made with a lower angle going to the subframe.
Or even trying other a-arms from other cars.

I can get under 25" with my FE-3 sport spring by removing the rubber at the top of the spring from the inner spring brackets.I remove a 1/2" already,that got the car down to 25" even,but i trashed a rocker panel,raised it up a 1/4",and never got back under there to remove all the rubber from the top of spring.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I really want to try something with the stock spring, because I would like to try these for the front. They must be used with springs not alone.

I've seen a couple of good write ups on these. They have come a long way with air springs.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I am a huge air bag fan,not sure how they are for drag racing though....Always wondered if someone would make a vette kit.
Who's selling those air shocks in your post?

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
That might work out perfectly in the front only.Thanks for the link.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
I'm curious how low you guys went.Heres my ride height...
Front... - from floor to top center of fender lip 25 1/4 ".......(used to be 25 even).
Rear... - 26 1/4"...(used to be 26" even)
Wow Todd! Thats freakin low! Just measured mine and it's (floor to center fender lip) front- 26 1/4" & rear 26 3/4"

you still got me by a LOT:surprised :thumbsup:

I am merely a grasshopper oh master:D

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Fear not grasshopper..you will end up down there also.:D

Did you measure from the ground the bottom,back of the fender by the door seam?
Black cars that are low are hard to capture in pics,the sun either has to be going down (like 3 in the afternoon),or park on concrete for contrast....i don't know.Thats why i took some pics in the grass,to see if i could capture the true look/stance of the car.It helped.

·
9,389 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
Fear not grasshopper..you will end up down there also.:D

Did you measure from the ground the bottom,back of the fender by the door seam?
Black cars that are low are hard to capture in pics,the sun either has to be going down (like 3 in the afternoon),or park on concrete for contrast....i don't know.Thats why i took some pics in the grass,to see if i could capture the true look/stance of the car.It helped.

Dude, plain a simple, that thing is just Bad Ass, I never get tired of gawking at your ride :smokin:

I not sure what you mean by... "Did you measure from the ground the bottom,back of the fender by the door seam?"

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Thanks man.The grass pics helped some.
The section i measured,right were the fender and door meet,then just go underneith/bottom and measure from the ground to the bottom of the fender.Maybe a foot behind the front tire,just before the door,the bottom fender edge.I can't describe this for some reason.
I have a whopping 2 3/4" clearance.If you were to make a fist,it would not fit under the car.I used to be,and would like to go back down to 25" front 26" rear,but the island will kill my car.:bang

·
9,389 Posts
OK, I just measured where you said, right at that seam...I got 3 5/8"....damn yours is down there!

·
Registered
127 Posts
The cars look really good that low, but it's a little to low for around here. Dropped mine about 1" all the way around on stock bolts. May go a little lower in the back though.:partyon:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did the back no problem. It dropped about 3/4 - 1 inch.
I want to drop the front only 1-1 1/4 inch. I have tried before and pissed me off. Ok, how much should I turn the bolt to get that much drop to balance out the back drop?

I am so frustrated...:bang

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did both the front and the back on stock bolts and the front isn't quite exactly level with the back, but it's pretty close. On the front, I backed the bolt out till it hit the bushings and then I turned it back a couple of turns. That's all I did. I did not cut any bushings.

21 - 40 of 241 Posts