Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 60 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok that will help, thank you. Ill give it a shot tonight, again.:thumbsup:

Also after I lowered the back I got "Service Ride Control" did you guys get this to? Is it expensive to fix?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sweeet. I did the front last night. It was very easy.
All I did was:
Jack up the car, put it on jack stands, took off wheels, unbolted the botton portion of the strut lowered the a-arm down and turned the lowering bolt counter clockwise all the way till it stopped. Did it for both sides only took maybe alittle over an hour. I got the drop that I wanted. (about 1in all around)
The whole car looks even now and I love it!:partyon:

Thanks to all of you.
The information that you guys have provided REALLY HELPED!:excited:
:D

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
You can take the bolts off (the ones you turned down) and cut the bushings, there is almost a full inch of rubber, the more you cut the more additional drop you have available. Some have even removed the bolt altogether, getting a full extra inch. I did that, but noticed the spring resting right on the arm seemed to be wearing a little. Todd/Hawaii5Lo removed his and sprayed some underbody coating (thin layer) between the arm and the spring to reduce the contact, and has had no problems, and his car looks fantastic.!

Here's a pic of mine when I had the bolts removed...

right now it's about 3/4" higher since I put the bolts back in, but I'll eventually do like 5Lo and use the undercaoting spray so I can put it back down, I love it that low, and the handling when it sits that low in insane!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sheriffd-2
I love the way your vette is lowered. I want to do that to my car. How does it ride? Bouncy, rough etc...

SOO...
Front: You removed the bolt all together. That will give me about a 1 inch more drop for a total of 2 inches in front. With the bolt gone is it bad for the suspension?

Back: Put in longer bolts and just loosened them till you got the right height to match the front. Was this a pain in the ass to adjust? I don't want to order the bolts on line, where can I but them at localy?

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
sleeperc5 said:
Sheriffd-2
I love the way your vette is lowered. I want to do that to my car. How does it ride? Bouncy, rough etc...

SOO...
Front: You removed the bolt all together. That will give me about a 1 inch more drop for a total of 2 inches in front. With the bolt gone is it bad for the suspension?

Back: Put in longer bolts and just loosened them till you got the right height to match the front. Was this a pain in the ass to adjust? I don't want to order the bolts on line, where can I but them at localy?
I'm pretty sure you can get the bolts at any hardware store, just make sure their "grade 8" bolts. They are gold in color and have six marks on the head. Grade 5 only has 3.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Bad said:
I'm pretty sure you can get the bolts at any hardware store, just make sure their "grade 8" bolts. They are gold in color and have six marks on the head. Grade 5 only has 3.
What about diameter and length?

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Vette1171 said:
WOW.....removing the bolts all together lowered my Z another 1/4 to 1/8 inch :rolleyes:
How much had you already cut off from the bushings? Did you give the car a few hard miles to "settle'?

·
The Video Man
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
sheriffd2 said:
How much had you already cut off from the bushings? Did you give the car a few hard miles to "settle'?
Well the bushings were pretty much gone.....and yea, I gave it some hard miles.....

I think that my car just rides higher in the front than others...not sure why:huh:

I'll Probably be happy once I gets an 18/19" combo on :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just took out the bolts in the front yesterday and put in the lowering bolts in the back. Now I can only get 2 fingers in between the tire and the fenders all around. It is really slammed.

What is a bit of a probelm is the bouncing. Do you guys have a problem with this?...especially in the rear.

Is there a solution to calming down the bounce?

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
1,265 Posts
sleeperc5 said:
I just took out the bolts in the front yesterday and put in the lowering bolts in the back. Now I can only get 2 fingers in between the tire and the fenders all around. It is really slammed.

What is a bit of a probelm is the bouncing. Do you guys have a problem with this?...especially in the rear.

Is there a solution to calming down the bounce?
Lowering shocks or shocks that are a little more stiff, how many miles are on your present shocks? you might just need to get a set of new ones, that might settle things down a little for yah. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sweeeeet.
Last night I raised the whole car up 1 inch and got rid of the bounce. I drive the freeway alot and a chick that I know hit her head on the roof from a really big bounce as I was hauling ass the other night. :surprised :(
:partyon:

41 - 60 of 241 Posts